UK General Election Dec 2019

woolley

33 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Something about mot's. Letters from the dvla or something I think, dunno, can't quite remember the full story now.

I've had a reply a few days ago extending the date by which they would give a definitive reply so my interpretation is that the consequences of this is being chewed over.  

I'm waiting to see what emerges but I truly hate to eat crow!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, woolley said:

I guess it's a step up from telling the Brexiteers they're stupid.

It'll be an age before this dwindling minority out-shout themselves. Unable to move on, stultified in defeat and gasping astonishment that the plebs won the day. Again. As if the referendum result wasn't rejection enough.

1 minute ago, quilp said:

It'll be an age before this dwindling minority out-shout themselves. Unable to move on, stultified in defeat and gasping astonishment that the plebs won the day. Again. As if the referendum result wasn't rejection enough.

Or maybe we are just sitting back and warming up a big plate of "I told you so" pie.

1 minute ago, quilp said:

One thing that struck me about the referendum results was the almost predictability of the centres of voters who wanted to remain imprisoned by the corrupt undemocratic European Commission compared with those choosing to regain independence and the demographic make up of those demanding freedom. 

Having ruled out the Scots (who don't really matter anyway) it was places like Luton and London and the like.

6 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Or maybe we are just sitting back and warming up a big plate of "I told you so" pie.

Or more like watching the EU collapse which is becoming more predictable every day.

44 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

There were a couple of outliers who have dined out (and more) on predicting it, but the mainstream economists went straight over the cliff without noticing. Difficult to know whether the select were gifted with brilliant prescience or were simply the ones predicting disaster at the time and got lucky. There are always a few predicting disaster at any given moment.

30 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

"Having lost the argument 3 times, we're still right, you're still stupid and so it will prove in the end."  Smugness personified.

Just now, woolley said:

"Having lost the argument 3 times, we're still right, you're still stupid and so it will prove in the end."  Smugness personified.

I'll take that as a compliment from the forum smug-meister.

And the argument wasn't lost, just got shouted down by the louder (mostly) uninformed party.

Archived