UK General Election Dec 2019

woolley

19 minutes ago, Rog said:

What some of the scotch population no doubt would like to be out of the UK there is no proof that the election means that, just that they want to remain tied up by the eu.

Still no examples of lies though.  Unless you mean Blair.

I'm sorry Roger but I just can't take any more of your using the word "scotch" to describe the folks north of the border. The people are Scottish or Scots. You use "scotch" to describe their food and drink like scotch pancakes.

Mind you, I am the man who breezed into a cafe in Fort William and asked for a full english breakfast. First and only time I've heard the word "sassenach" used in anger.

I quoted Boris Johnson using his very words. You must be the only person in the UK, besides his girlfriend I suppose, to believe what he says...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm sorry Roger but I just can't take any more of your using the word "scotch" to describe the folks north of the border. The people are Scottish or Scots. You use "scotch" to describe their food and drink like scotch pancakes.

Mind you, I am the man who breezed into a cafe in Fort William and asked for a full english breakfast. First and only time I've heard the word "sassenach" used in anger.

I quoted Boris Johnson using his very words. You must be the only person in the UK, besides his girlfriend I suppose, to believe what he says...

Examples?

31 minutes ago, Rog said:

I am yet to see any lies.

Not so Roger.

I quoted Johnson lying and your response was this:

On 12/19/2019 at 2:50 PM, Rog said:

There is the world of difference between what some people in the Conservative Party may or may not have said and what BoJo did

Thus far your accusations have focussed on him.

Go and read a decent newspaper....

3 hours ago, Rog said:

What is to comment on?  They are both highly talented and experienced politicians and not having a seat in the HoC does not debar them being appointed to the 

One of them was voted out by their constituents yet still manages to get a seat in the cabinet and therefore the running of the country.

Is that the will of the people in action?

20 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Not so Roger.

I quoted Johnson lying and your response was this:

Go and read a decent newspaper....

So presuming that you do care to give some specific examples of these alleged lies?

18 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

One of them was voted out by their constituents yet still manages to get a seat in the cabinet and therefore the running of the country.

Is that the will of the people in action?

It is this prime minister, the best that we have had since Thatcher, selecting the best and most able politicians to be a member of the British cabinet.

In any case in the UK the electorate vote for a party, not an individual.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

It is this prime minister, the best that we have had since Thatcher, selecting the best and most able politicians to be a member of the British cabinet.

In any case in the UK the electorate vote for a party, not an individual.

Early days to judge Johnson as a PM and there are plenty of people who will disagree with you about Thatcher.

The UK electorate vote for a local MP to represent them in Parliament.  The parties are significant for sure but you vote for an individual not a party.

It is a sign of the broken FPTP system that people vote tactically and on parties.

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Early days to judge Johnson as a PM and there are plenty of people who will disagree with you about Thatcher.

The UK electorate vote for a local MP to represent them in Parliament.  The parties are significant for sure but you vote for an individual not a party.

It is a sign of the broken FPTP system that people vote tactically and on parties.

I can see your point about tactical voting but don't see that as being a particularly bad thing but when it comes to party politics I am absolutely convinced that party politics is infinitely better than no party politics.

22 hours ago, P.K. said:

Our relationship is just like Love Actually except he's a serial adulterer with four kids, says Carrie Symonds

THE prime minister’s girlfriend has claimed their relationship is just like in Love Actually, apart from his wife and four-to-six children. 

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/our-relationship-is-just-like-love-actually-except-hes-a-serial-adulter-with-four-kids-says-carrie-symonds-20191222192123

25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Our relationship is just like Love Actually except he's a serial adulterer with four kids, says Carrie Symonds

THE prime minister’s girlfriend has claimed their relationship is just like in Love Actually, apart from his wife and four-to-six children. 

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/our-relationship-is-just-like-love-actually-except-hes-a-serial-adulter-with-four-kids-says-carrie-symonds-20191222192123

My life, and you have the chutzpah to recommend that I should read a decent newspaper!

Archived