Promenade Shelter Demolition

foxdaleliberationfront

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Such a shame looking back at what wasn't that long ago. There was a very healthy nightlife here. About 7 clubs and plenty of choice for the party goers or clubbers.

What is left now ? I don't go out much or drive a taxi, but it looks to me that the nightlife over here, in Douglas anyway, is dead.

The whole place has basically shut up shop, a few diehards will argue the toss and pretend everything is rosy but that is far from the truth!

• Like 2

Just now, finlo said:

The whole place has basically shut up shop, a few diehards will argue the toss and pretend everything is rosy but that is far from the truth!

Absolutely finlo. We are closed, but nobody has turned the light off...………………...………...…………….yet.

3 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Because that’s just you being silly as you were shown to be wrong several posts back. 

Ha, Ha Ha and Ha Ha Ha

Going to wash my hair now so carry on without me.

Edited by dilligaf

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Such a shame looking back at what wasn't that long ago. There was a very healthy nightlife here. About 7 clubs and plenty of choice for the party goers or clubbers.

What is left now ? I don't go out much or drive a taxi, but it looks to me that the nightlife over here, in Douglas anyway, is dead.

Offices and apartments to "grow the population".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

That's just your jive talkin.

It's a serious subject. We're talking about Stayin' Alive. Personally I think it would be a Tragedy if the shelter were to be demolished. Perhaps someone needs to have Words with the Corpy and get them to ask the public How Deep is Your Love for this public amenity? 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

They should get the guy that did the Christiano Ronaldo statue. If theres one thing I enjoy more than a really good likeness statue it's a really bad likeness one.

Here we have the highly impressive Gold Standard. From Gt Yarmouth's Waxworks:

Michael Owen

Owen.thumb.jpg.051eac5f3bd7d45434e2a04160b09942.jpg

Cliff Richards

Cliff.thumb.jpg.93bcbaa44f9a63196b7ef8e42806a1cf.jpg

The Beatles

Beatles.jpg.58997ae5e4fda90ba7d23035cc55205b.jpg

Which is which?

etc https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/gallery/2014/jan/08/worlds-worst-wax-museum-in-pictures

Edited by P.K.
Removed Prince Charles for reasons of taste and decency...
  • Like 1