HS2

woolley

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I am interested to know how much money you would be willing to throw away on a cancelled project. 

I believe Hinkley Point C is to far advanced to be cancelled, however, I doubt the other proposed projects will go ahead.

HS2 on the other hand is not so far along as far as I can tell.  Last time I went through Birmingham I saw they had commenced work on a station for HS2 but that could be repurposed.

I see. I don't really believe that you can plan the future based on what you have already spent. Whilst everything in life is a risk, you just have to make a call based on your present  judgment of the outcomes. I would see HS2 as a massive infrastructure asset far into the future, just as the ECML still is today. I think it will stimulate huge investment for miles around the corridor along its length. I don't see Hinkley Point C ever being finished and even if it was, the output will be manifestly uncompetitive. It's the same principle as a failing enterprise. Sometimes you cannot turn it around. You just have to realise that you're in a hole and stop digging. How much money has already been put in is neither here nor there. Throwing good money after bad is never a wise strategy. To do so because you already wasted a fortune is crazy. 

Archived