Manx Tunnel

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discussion  re  Boris and tunnels and/or bridges seems to quickly focus on “ How”, without  spending  time   on the  very important  “Why?” question.

Some years ago, I recall,the  idea was compared  to the channel tunnel,

It was said that it would cost more than twice  to build - but  could only ever hope to generate up to a quarter of the income.The conclusion was obvious. 

12 hours ago, hampsterkahn said:

Discussion  re  Boris and tunnels and/or bridges seems to quickly focus on “ How”, without  spending  time   on the  very important  “Why?” question.

Some years ago, I recall,the  idea was compared  to the channel tunnel,

It was said that it would cost more than twice  to build - but  could only ever hope to generate up to a quarter of the income.The conclusion was obvious. 

build it?

On 2/10/2020 at 5:56 PM, WTF said:

maybe they could  route via the point of ayre and fuck the ferries,  the racket would be best waste of money we have ever had. we could throw them 50 million we wont need to spend on docks in the UK.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7986955/Downing-Street-confirms-seriously-considering-NI-GB-bridge.html

Isn’t there a shit load of wind turbines in the way? My understanding is they go pretty far underground?

Archived