Bank Hill

Amadeus

I really appreciated this road closure last night when returning home from Tescos only to get stuck in traffic for 15 minutes while the swing bridge was raised. I've no idea when it came down and traffic started moving again, I did a U-Turn and doubled back via Anagh Coar long before it happened I suspect.

Town planning at it's absolute finest.

The plan is to pedestrianise the North Quay completely - eventually.  I would expect it to be like Strand Street - with vehicular access first thing in the morning and in the evening - but I'm not really certain.

I wonder why they would do that - it's not a shopping area, is it?

Well, expect a bit of a wait on your way to/from work if you have to go via the harbour bridge and Captain Ivegottime decides to take his boat out...

I really appreciated this road closure last night when returning home from Tescos only to get stuck in traffic for 15 minutes while the swing bridge was raised.

I know that feeling.. Whenever you get stuck there, it's usually recommended to leave the car where it is and head down to the British for a few (non-alcoholic) drinks - by the time they close, the bridge should be on it's way down again....

The plan is to pedestrianise the North Quay completely - eventually.  I would expect it to be like Strand Street - with vehicular access first thing in the morning and in the evening - but I'm not really certain.

Na, that was the original plan, but they've scrapped it. It's now going to be one way narrow laned traffic up to quines corner. Pretty much as it is now.

Archived