Customs borders and the island

Rog

11 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

How? It's not in Schengen.

I travel through DUB regularly from the EU and there is always a passport check. Always.....

Yes but that passport check is for movement across a Europe border, movement between the EU and the UK is an entirely different matter.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

You are being called out on your racism has little to do with any of the above, at least it doesn't for me. The majority who voted did so to leave the EU, so that has to happen and is happening. Whether that is a good, bad or mixed thing is probably something that could only be evaluated in the future after sufficient time has passed to see the consequences. I believe you are being called out on your racism not because of your stance on leaving the EU but rather on your general stance on other creeds and colour. You have on numerous occasions on numerous threads outlined your belief that not all creeds and colours are equal, I am repeating myself but that is the dictionary definition of racism. By all means be a racist but don't try playing some sort of victim card when you are challenged about it.

What racism?

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

Seriously! Ok, you're either trolling, beyond help or senile.

No. Racism has become expanded to now refer to any mention of race in any context whatsoever. That is pure corruption from its original meaning which was associated with prejudice. In its present form it's political correctness in extremis.

I don't do political correctness.

12 minutes ago, Rog said:

No. Racism has become expanded to now refer to any mention of race in any context whatsoever. That is pure corruption from its original meaning which was associated with prejudice. In its present form it's political correctness in extremis.

I don't do political correctness.

No, try reading a dictionary. Racism is the belief that a creed or colour is superior to any other. You have clearly expressed that view.

Prejudice is not necessarily related solely to racism. Prejudice is simply prejudging some one or thing based on your beliefs. Discrimination is acting on those beliefs. This is nothing new and is not political correctness.

Yes but that passport check is for movement across a Europe border, movement between the EU and the UK is an entirely different matter.

No difference atm. Neither UK nor EI are in Schengen with its open borders.

You suggested EI had an open border with other EU states. It does not. 

You cannot travel from any EU state to EI without a passport or national ID. Passports or National ID = border checks.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

I don't support the "we're all the  same" concept, we're not, nor that all societies and "cultures" are equal, they're not. Theres nothing in the least bit racist in that. It's just facing reality.

This is correct. It isn't about superior and inferior, just that there are differences. It isn't racist to recognise this. It is folly not to. It isn't racist to question the wisdom of a conscious decision to socially engineer a multicultural society that, in the course of a few decades, changed forever the character of areas that have had homogeneous populations for centuries. 

It would be racist to actually hate others merely because they are different, but that isn't what is happening. The term racism has travelled a very long way from its true meaning, and was used for 50 years to shut down debate on immigration policy.

6 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

No, try reading a dictionary. Racism is the belief that a creed or colour is superior to any other. You have clearly expressed that view.

Prejudice is not necessarily related solely to racism. Prejudice is simply prejudging some one or thing based on your beliefs. Discrimination is acting on those beliefs. This is nothing new and is not political correctness.

Try reading a number of dictionaries over the last twenty odd years which is precisely what I did.

6 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

No difference atm. Neither UK nor EI are in Schengen with its open borders.

You suggested EI had an open border with other EU states. It does not. 

You cannot travel from any EU state to EI without a passport or national ID. Passports or National ID = border checks.

Not open border, but a route into Eire nonetheless. 

Butthe UK is since today no longer a member of the EU, OK we need to formally advise the European Commission on the 31st but that's a nicety. 

That means that any EU citizen will need to present their valid passport when requesting entry to the UK and it doesn't matter which EU state was their point of departure.

3 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

"Yes I am a racist, but its okay, I'm old and experienced."

He's only racist because you claim he is. Have to agree that thanks to the snowflake generation, people are getting away with just about anything because the authorities are running scared in case they get called racists. You are part of the problem and definitely not the solution. White person does something wrong, police are all over it. Asian gangs continually commit crimes, police scared to go near them. Go figure...

1 hour ago, Rog said:

Try reading a number of dictionaries over the last twenty odd years which is precisely what I did.

Sorry, you are simply wrong on this point and do not appear to want to accept it. Prejudice and discrimination are not in themselves automatically racist. A person can be prejudice or discriminatory because of many things other that race or creed. For example I can be prejudice against someone because of the football team they support if I chose to be. Of course holding racist views (the belief that a particular creed or colour of person is superior) can lead to prejudicial views or discriminatory actions. I was taught that in school well over thirty years ago and I'm pretty sure the actual dictionary definitions have not changed.

Just now, Neil Down said:

He's only racist because you claim he is. 

If it was just me, maybe you'd have a point.  But its not just me.

Have to agree that thanks to the snowflake generation...

Says the person from the "Angry of Morecombe" Points of view, Mary Whitehouse generation.

You are part of the problem...

We're not the ones upset because we can't use hate speech like we could "in the good old days"

Archived