Customs borders and the island

Rog

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Sorry, you are simply wrong on this point and do not appear to want to accept it. Prejudice and discrimination are not in themselves automatically racist. A person can be prejudice or discriminatory because of many things other that race or creed. For example I can be prejudice against someone because of the football team they support if I chose to be. Of course holding racist views (the belief that a particular creed or colour of person is superior) can lead to prejudicial views or discriminatory actions. I was taught that in school well over thirty years ago and I'm pretty sure the actual dictionary definitions have not changed.

It's nothing to do with superior or inferior though. It's about differences and best suited to a given society.

3 hours ago, Rog said:

For goodness sake, I'M NOT TROLLING.

I'm a staunch Conservative and reject absolutely unrestricted freedom of movement between countries, a view which seems to be what iritates people most. I don't support the "we're all the  same" concept, we're not, nor that all societies and "cultures" are equal, they're not. Theres nothing in the least bit racist in that. It's just facing reality.

Seems you can't even remember what you posted a mere three hours ago. Maybe you just have trouble expressing what you mean.

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

Seems you can't even remember what you posted a mere three hours ago. Maybe you just have trouble expressing what you mean.

No,I'm just hacked off at all the pure BS being aimed at me.

As for the ridiculous attempt to drag racism into this just check the Lexico (formally the OECD) definition of racism. 

1 minute ago, Rog said:

No,I'm just hacked off at all the pure BS being aimed at me.

As for the ridiculous attempt to drag racism into this just check the Lexico (formally the OECD) definition of racism. 

You started this thread, knowing full well what was going to happen given your posting style and particular "phrasing".

4 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

You started this thread, knowing full well what was going to happen given your posting style and particular "phrasing".

Totally wrong Richard. Totally.

I started this thread to open discussion on where the border between the EU would be with the UK in view of the existing travel arrangements.

40 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Then stick to the subject, you're the one who started with some people being better than others. Not for the first time though.

Where did I ever make reference to some people being better than others?

6 minutes ago, Rog said:

Where did I ever make reference to some people being better than others?

"I don't support the "we're all the  same" concept, we're not, nor that all societies and "cultures" are equal, they're not."

If something isn't equal it can only be greater or lesser, superior or inferior. I refer back to my earlier comment that perhaps you just have trouble expressing what you actually mean.

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

"I don't support the "we're all the  same" concept, we're not, nor that all societies and "cultures" are equal, they're not."

If something isn't equal it can only be greater or lesser, superior or inferior. I refer back to my earlier comment that perhaps you just have trouble expressing what you actually mean.

Wrong. All it means is that there are differences. Sometimes cultures are compatible, sometimes they are not. 

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Then stick to the subject, you're the one who started with some people being better than others. Not for the first time though.

I have no problem with you requiring Rog to stick to the subject - presumably therefore, you will have no problem with me requesting that you do the same thing?

The thread title is at the top of the page.

5 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

If it was just me, maybe you'd have a point.  But its not just me.

Says the person from the "Angry of Morecombe" Points of view, Mary Whitehouse generation.

We're not the ones upset because we can't use hate speech like we could "in the good old days"

I have never used hate speeches, I leave that to the likes of you

Archived