Draining the swamp ---

Rog

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51456387

Jamaican nationals...

"Immigration lawyer Jacqueline Mckenzie told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme: "There needs to be a moral debate about this because it cannot be right that we are picking up people in their 30s who arrived at two... and sending them to countries that they don't know, leaving behind all their family."

There's an easy solution to this...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

"Immigration lawyer Jacqueline Mckenzie told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme: "There needs to be a moral debate about this because it cannot be right that we are picking up people in their 30s who arrived at two... and sending them to countries that they don't know, leaving behind all their family."

There's an easy solution to this...

This ought to be good...

3 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Five posts on and you still haven't "enlightened us" with your brilliantly easy solution.

Richard, I know thinking is alien to you but do have a try. You may get to like it...

Here's a clue - they are being deported because...

9 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Here is a thought, instead of the smuggo act, why not just qualify your original point.

(7 posts on)

Nothing "smuggo" about it. I'm giving you the opportunity to work out why they have been deported and the best way of stopping it.

21 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Here's a clue - they are being deported because...

I assume your argument is that they have joint nationality...

I would agree for people who were adults arriving in the UK but not for those who were very young children.  The chances are their whole lives are in the UK having been educated and grown up here.  These people are in effect being dumped on another country who had very little to do with them other than the fact that they were born there.

I would imagine that the UK would not be too happy if this was happening in reverse.  

3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I would agree for people who were adults arriving in the UK but not for those who were very young children.  The chances are their whole lives are in the UK having been educated and grown up here.  These people are in effect being dumped on another country who had very little to do with them other than the fact that they were born there.

I would imagine that the UK would not be too happy if this was happening in reverse.  

they don't have joint nationality.........

8 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It's the same issue with the Windrush debacle.

There are no mandatory id laws in the UK. So folks can be here for years and years and be shipped off because there was no requirement to "regularise their status" as I had to due to Thatcher's having to justify the Falklands conflict she helped to bring about.

This is why Johnson et al have hit on the wizard wheeze of insisting on id to vote so at a stroke they disenfranchise lots of non-tory voters.

Winner!

Archived