Draining the swamp ---

Rog

The French had the right idea where dealing with scum was involved, an idea that we really should copy.  Deportation to an offshore penal colony and when time served refusal to be returned to France. 

Negotiating with some hell hole in sub-Saharan African for something like the creation of a Guantanamo Bay where these low life "British" SOB's would be sent to and refused permission to return to the UK after time served  leaving it up to them where they would go but essentially anywhere that would accept them or alternatively remain in the internment camp until they could find somewhere  would be a win win solution.  Our paying the host country for establishing the internment camp would be an excellent invisible export, for us because the cost per asshole would be substantially lower than onshore imprisonment, and for us by one more way to drain the swamp.

There is precedence to this, Hong Kong where the people were able to retain British nationality but not the right to live in the UK.

Human rights?  Sod them.

Human rights legislation really should be preceded by the opening paragraph along the lines of "Everyone has responsibilities and from these come certain rights". 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I also seriously doubt the scum concerned with grooming would be left stateless either

Impossible to say one way or the other without looking at each individual, but the fact remains that if those convicted are solely British citizens then they remain solely a UK problem.

It sounds like a nice quick solution to deport any criminal we don't like but the reality is that revoking citizenship is not a step easily or lightly taken by the Government. I suspect there would be significant international consequences if they decided to start making criminals stateless and then trying to ship them off to random countries. 

2 minutes ago, Rog said:

The French had the right idea where dealing with scum was involved, an idea that we really should copy.  Deportation to an offshore penal colony and when time served refusal to be returned to France. 

Negotiating with some hell hole in sub-Saharan African for something like the creation of a Guantanamo Bay where these low life "British" SOB's would be sent to and refused permission to return to the UK after time served  leaving it up to them where they would go but essentially anywhere that would accept them or alternatively remain in the internment camp until they could find somewhere  would be a win win solution.  Our paying the host country for establishing the internment camp would be an excellent invisible export, for us because the cost per asshole would be substantially lower than onshore imprisonment, and for us by one more way to drain the swamp.

There is precedence to this, Hong Kong where the people were able to retain British nationality but not the right to live in the UK.

Human rights?  Sod them.

Human rights legislation really should be preceded by the opening paragraph along the lines of "Everyone has responsibilities and from these come certain rights". 

Never had you down as a massive Francophile, but as you are possibly the greatest living European so I really shouldn't be surprised.

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

Impossible to say one way or the other without looking at each individual, but the fact remains that if those convicted are solely British citizens then they remain solely a UK problem.

It sounds like a nice quick solution to deport any criminal we don't like but the reality is that revoking citizenship is not a step easily or lightly taken by the Government. I suspect there would be significant international consequences if they decided to start making criminals stateless and then trying to ship them off to random countries. 

Sadly, you are correct. there is no easy solution. Prison isn't much of a deterrent. Personally, I would construct a military compound in the far north of Scotland. Man it with ex paras/SAS and shove the feckers up there.

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Never had you down as a massive Francophile, but as you are possibly the greatest living European so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Nah.  I'm just the greatest!

8 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

but mostly it highlights a large difference in approaches from different Governments, no doubt you'll agree it is surprising that Labour were tougher than the Tories.

I think there are two reasons for the outrage in this case;

1.  It is alleged that some of those being deported had not had access to legal advice (due to poor mobile signal at the detention centres);

2.  Some of those being deported have apparently been in the UK since they were very young and have no connection with Jamaica beyond having been an infant there before moving with there family to the UK.

Archived