Draining the swamp ---

Rog

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I think there are two reasons for the outrage in this case;

1.  It is alleged that some of those being deported had not had access to legal advice (due to poor mobile signal at the detention centres);

2.  Some of those being deported have apparently been in the UK since they were very young and have no connection with Jamaica beyond having been an infant there before moving with there family to the UK.

Who gives a toss how long they've been in OUR country?

They are criminals and so should be kicked out.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for our wonderful tory government:

Fewer than half of failed asylum seekers are removed from the UK, study says

New analysis reveals that tens of thousands remained in the UK despite their applications having been rejected.

https://news.sky.com/story/fewer-than-half-of-failed-asylum-seekers-are-removed-from-the-uk-study-says-11603672

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

New analysis reveals that tens of thousands remained in the UK despite their applications having been rejected.

https://news.sky.com/story/fewer-than-half-of-failed-asylum-seekers-are-removed-from-the-uk-study-says-11603672

It started with the disgusting "Labour" lot driven by EU legislation.

Some years ago I spent a few months working on Tenerife coming home most weekends (but by no means all!) and in chatting with local staff asked why so many fishing boats had steel plates covering the bows a bit like small trawlers had steel plates protecting where nets were recovered.  I was shocked to be told how they protected the boats when they sank potential illegal immigrants vessels by ramming and sinking them at sea. The Canaries never were faced with these criminals. That was over twenty years ago, maybe things have changed but I do hope not.

19 minutes ago, Rog said:

It started with the disgusting "Labour" lot driven by EU legislation.

Some years ago I spent a few months working on Tenerife coming home most weekends (but by no means all!) and in chatting with local staff asked why so many fishing boats had steel plates covering the bows a bit like small trawlers had steel plates protecting where nets were recovered.  I was shocked to be told how they protected the boats when they sank potential illegal immigrants vessels by ramming and sinking them at sea. The Canaries never were faced with these criminals. That was over twenty years ago, maybe things have changed but I do hope not.

but as Sir Nige helpfully pointed out the current deportations is the result of Labour legislation and Labour were actually tougher on this than the Tories have been. You must be very conflicted.

16 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Stop deflecting. When you say ‘our’ country, is that Poland, Israel, the U.K., England or the Isle of Man? 

Well I've no association whatsoever with Poland, I'm a UK national by birth, and a citizen of Israel by right of Aliyah.

My association with the island is that I was brought over as a toddler and apart from holidays remained there before going up to university at Manchester. 

So there ya go!

Still curious about the "Poland" thing though.

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I think there are two reasons for the outrage in this case;

1.  It is alleged that some of those being deported had not had access to legal advice (due to poor mobile signal at the detention centres);

2.  Some of those being deported have apparently been in the UK since they were very young and have no connection with Jamaica beyond having been an infant there before moving with there family to the UK.

1. they had landline access

2. tough

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

but mostly it highlights a large difference in approaches from different Governments, no doubt you'll agree it is surprising that Labour were tougher than the Tories.

they aren't.....

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

these aren't asylum seekers......

15 minutes ago, sir nige said:

they aren't.....

That contradicts what you posted earlier. Your own reference shows that significantly greater numbers were deported when Labour were in power, does it not? You've also been at pains to highlight that it was Labour that brought in this law.

11 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

That contradicts what you posted earlier. Your own reference shows that significantly greater numbers were deported when Labour were in power, does it not? You've also been at pains to highlight that it was Labour that brought in this law.

not overall......they even deport to germany.....

12 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Surely that isn't the point. The actual point I'd that the respective Governments have failed to deport them. These are the illegals that Rog is so fond of.

these are criminals.....most go back voluntarily......others like this lot have to be forced.....

asylum seekers is a different system......

Archived