Peel Marina

piebaps

18 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Probably in the interests of the Scallop fisherman who weren't allowed to fish the beds in 14/15 because of the dumping of the silt. 

If you read the tribunal report it’s not a good read as Kennington seems to be literally demented by the end. If he had managed to crowd fund better legal advice rather than representing himself he may have won. But he ends up being painted as some sort of demented loon who has been driven mad by the actions of the people around him. How the AG can say that it’s not in the public interest to investigate this beyond me. People lost revenue and it’s now costing us millions to deal with this situation. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

If you read the tribunal report it’s not a good read as Kennington seems to be literally demented by the end. If he had managed to crowd fund better legal advice rather than representing himself he may have won. But he ends up being painted as some sort of demented loon who has been driven mad by the actions of the people around him. How the AG can say that it’s not in the public interest to investigate this beyond me. People lost revenue and it’s now costing us millions to deal with this situation. 

I don't know the particular individual but trying to swim against the IOMG tide would do that to a person over a few years.

• Like 2

My interpretation is (I maybe wrong ) Kennington highlights the dumping of toxic waste, told to keep quiet, (doesn’t) but nobody within Defa or doi wants to know so let’s just brush it under the carpet. Also major silence from Peel mhk’s.  Kennington carry’s on his crusade to which those above him close ranks and either gaslight him or bully him take your pick and get the best legal advice paid for by the taxpayer to shut him down. It’s just another disgusting episode within the system that got far to many bad apples.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I don't know the particular individual but trying to swim against the IOMG tide would do that to a person over a few years.

If not months...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Oh Mona said:

Could someone clarify where all the heavy metals went to before they built the marina.

44 minutes ago, finlo said:

Into the Scallops albeit more slowly.

And not right next to them. The dispersal and dilution of them from the Neb would spread it round the whole west coast. Its all about the concentration. Life can generally process small amounts of toxins over longer periods of time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oh Mona said:

Could someone clarify where all the heavy metals went to before they built the marina.

They flowed out into the bay in suspension with the river water. Not quite 24/7, as the incoming tide stops the outflow for a period, but not long enough for them to settle out in quantity. As it’s slow and continuous it’s very dilute, and it’s dispersed by tide and currents and causes no, or minimal, harm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

They flowed out into the bay in suspension with the river water. Not quite 24/7, as the incoming tide stops the outflow for a period, but not long enough for them to settle out in quantity. As it’s slow and continuous it’s very dilute, and it’s dispersed by tide and currents and causes no, or minimal, harm.

Similar to Peel poo's then!

Clearly, our highly trained and educated boffins from DEFA and DOI had a head-banging session to weigh up the economic benefits of Peel Marina vs the economic and health benefits of the scallops; and the marina won.

Or something....

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...