More tourists needed

b4mbi

1 hour ago, Banker said:

There’s a massive drugs problem in the younger population & as they get older they progress to harder drugs & criminality to fund habits, one of biggest issues we have 

50 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well being involved in addiction charities I can tell you it is the case unless you know better from your vast experience in counseling for addiction?

But addiction charities are the worst people to make an assessment of what the overall situation in society is because by definition the people they are seeing are addicts and those related to them.  People don't drop into Motiv8 because they want to have a little chat about their garden.

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But addiction charities are the worst people to make an assessment of what the overall situation in society is because by definition the people they are seeing are addicts and those related to them.  People don't drop into Motiv8 because they want to have a little chat about their garden.

They deal with schools & young people as well so don’t accept your assessments, perhaps you & Quilip could contact one of the charities to either volunteer or discuss the issues & donate some funds but I guess that’s too easy?

1 hour ago, Banker said:

There’s a massive drugs problem in the younger population & as they get older they progress to harder drugs & criminality to fund habits, one of biggest issues we have 

Alcohol is the biggest and most widely available gateway drug around, but it's legal. 

Meanwhile, people who want to use a bit of cannibis - which is relatively harmless and actually has health benefits - are penalised, criminalized and vilified.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Just because you do fuck all to help anyone doesn’t mean we all do, look back over last year & you will see numerous posts mentioned involvement. Typical response from you & your sidekick Teapot !!

You know nothing about me you condescending and insufferable tool.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

And you know nothing about me you pompous arsehole but see fit to call me a liar for saying I’m involved with charities 

But only Guernsey and Jersey charities, surely.

Most people don’t broadcast what they do for charities. Unless you’re Josem and trying to get elected.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zarley said:

Alcohol is the biggest and most widely available gateway drug around, but it's legal. 

Meanwhile, people who want to use a bit of cannibis - which is relatively harmless and actually has health benefits - are penalised, criminalized and vilified.

Barlow would label them, by definition, as alcoholics and drug addicts

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Zarley said:

In your view!

Edited by Happier diner
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Tourism allows us a wider ranger of facilities - bars, restaurants, & yes museums - than we would have without it 

Really?  We seem to be clinging on to our glorious past instead of moving forward. Tourism benefits the very few, and you could say that the conversion of homes into rental properties adversely affects local property prices.

• Like 1