More tourists needed

b4mbi

2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Somehow I don't think they've hired in 'expurts from Ingerland' for this one

Dilli is right thought I’m not sure the DOI totally trashing the rally to the point that it’s future was in question is compatible with their Motorsport aspirations here. Not that aspirations ever have any basis in reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only my opinion, but I reckon not too far down the line ,( maybe less than 10 years time) road racing for bikes will disappear, but there will still be a very healthy rally scene. A lot of politicians will have red faces having put all their eggs into the wrong basket .

8 minutes ago, display name said:

Still be?

Yes Europe and world wide. Just not welcome here by our elected fools. 2 wheeled racing does not have a future in this mad “green” world and the more people swallow the shite from that child Greta, the less likely it will survive. Nobody wants to see cloned electric bikes all sounding the same and looking the same. At least electric cars will look different and hopefully sound a bit different.

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

Good time to make it the last?

To be fair I remember people saying that about the TT Centenary in 2007.  

26 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Nobody wants to see cloned electric bikes all sounding the same and looking the same. At least electric cars will look different and hopefully sound a bit different.

Genuine question: why would you expect electric bikes to be less diverse than electric cars?  I suppose it's a smaller market, but equally I would expect the financial entry barrier to construction to be lower as well.  And surely with electric vehicles how they sound is a matter of construction as well because you need to avoid them being silent for safety reasons, but how you do so is a matter of taste.

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair I remember people saying that about the TT Centenary in 2007.  

Genuine question: why would you expect electric bikes to be less diverse than electric cars?  I suppose it's a smaller market, but equally I would expect the financial entry barrier to construction to be lower as well.  And surely with electric vehicles how they sound is a matter of construction as well because you need to avoid them being silent for safety reasons, but how you do so is a matter of taste.

Bikes only differ by colour and sound to most people, whereas cars, even rally cars look different from each manufacturer.

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Bikes only differ by colour and sound to most people, whereas cars, even rally cars look different from each manufacturer.

I think that's gone out of the window now Dilli, everyone works to the same tight regs which restricts design and appearance, including noise. I struggle these days with WRC cars as they are all 1500cc turbo hatchbacks, only the grille and badges seem to differentiate them. F1 is similar now too! 

18 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

BBC Isle of Man are reporting that DfE plan to extend the tourism season by attracting motorsport groups as a key part of plans to grow visitor numbers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-51652084

It's not quite green, sustainable tourism is it?

As I posted on Twitter earlier this week, although I’m genuinely delighted to see this, the irony is that it was lack of Government support that ultimately killed off Supertour. DFE were OK, but the DOI were positively obstructive and duplicitous.

• Like 2