More tourists needed

b4mbi

1 minute ago, sir nige said:

iomg should buy norton.......

Then they could start their own museum for mechanical and organisational disasters. Norton, Cabbage diesels, mountain trams, horse trams, partly-demolished river retaining walls, marinas...list of attractions could be endless. Might even bring over 340k people a year...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

As I posted on Twitter earlier this week, although I’m genuinely delighted to see this, the irony is that it was lack of Government support that ultimately killed off Supertour. DFE were OK, but the DOI were positively obstructive and duplicitous.

Similar story with "Jurby Day" (as part of the local VMCC Manx Rally), I've been told . Entrants for this years rally well down.

One could be forgiven for thinking  that the various gov departments appear to delight in interdepartmental disputes in order to scupper any project or event proposed by an outside organisation because if run successfully (eg Jurby) it demonstrates their own lack of imagination and ability.

Now Jurby is run entirely by central government I'm looking forward to seeing what events are  proposed  this year with Rob  C at the helm .

Just saying:flowers:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Then they could start their own museum for mechanical and organisational disasters. Norton, Cabbage diesels, mountain trams, horse trams, partly-demolished river retaining walls, marinas...list of attractions could be endless. Might even bring over 340k people a year...

sounds like a plan.......iomg will never go for that.....

I'm led to believe that some members of the resurrected Andreas Racing Association are intending to field some sort of event at Jurby to replace the defunct VMCC event on the MGP Sunday for this year.

The VMCC bid to use the Willaston circuit this year has been turned down by the DOI on the grounds that the prom is dug up and they can't afford to close any more arteries around Douglas.

8 minutes ago, paswt said:

Similar story with "Jurby Day" (as part of the local VMCC Manx Rally), I've been told . Entrants for this years rally well down.

One could be forgiven for thinking  that the various gov departments appear to delight in interdepartmental disputes in order to scupper any project or event proposed by an outside organisation because if run successfully (eg Jurby) it demonstrates their own lack of imagination and ability.

Now Jurby is run entirely by central government I'm looking forward to seeing what events are  proposed  this year with Rob  C at the helm .

Just saying:flowers:

They'll even manage to make it piss it down on the day!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DJKeithG said:

They used to queue up here to catch the ferry in Fleetwood ......nothing happens these days ...

Ferry -Fleetwood.jpg

two fellas talking by the fence... how much action do you want?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJKeithG said:

They used to queue up here to catch the ferry in Fleetwood ......nothing happens these days ...

Ferry -Fleetwood.jpg

Is that not for the Stenna ferries to Belfast which ceased operations in 2010?

In fact was there ever vehicular traffic to IOM from Fleetwood?

On 2/29/2020 at 11:36 AM, Non-Believer said:

I'm led to believe that some members of the resurrected Andreas Racing Association are intending to field some sort of event at Jurby to replace the defunct VMCC event on the MGP Sunday for this year.

The VMCC bid to use the Willaston circuit this year has been turned down by the DOI on the grounds that the prom is dug up and they can't afford to close any more arteries around Douglas.

MGP will be cancelled. 

We lost our tourism to the likes of Spain / italy, with the low cost flights, many moons ago, if the iom tourist board where on the ball here, and as we own the steam packet, we could look at cheap holidays, for later in the year / next year, that would help our economy to recover.

• Like 2