Douglas Corpy Houses

crumlin

Complaints have been made to Douglas Corpr regarding the renting of their Houses, they will not act on the complaints due to presure from the Government not to act.

Complaints

1 A house in Victoria Cr Douglas. 3 bedroom house rented to a single man who spends 10 months of the year in Oz in his other home.

2House in Pulrose is being used as a car lot which has auctions every month.

3 Registered address of a tree feller who also keeps his plant on the property

4. Two painting contractors living in Willaston who use the address as the registered office and also own and rent out property in Spain and Portugal

5House on Saddle road is being used as a Taxi base and has its registered office at same.

This is just a selection of complaints made to the Corpy and Government, no action is being taken

And a Corpy house on Westmorland road is being used as a Hotel for Irish workers.

And if you think this is crap ask your MHK if this is true facts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is just a selection of complaints made to the Corpy and Government, no action is being taken

You've answered yourself.

I believe that if you own a property and that you want to buy another one, you only need to come up with a 20% deposit to buy the second property. Either that or you buy it outright.

I know people that live in the North of England and have a flat in London. What would be so different to having a house in Ramsey and a flat in Douglas, other than about 200 miles!

Stav.

I believe that if you own a property and that you want to buy another one, you only need to come up with a 20% deposit to buy the second property. Either that or you buy it outright.

I know people that live in the North of England and have a flat in London. What would be so different to having a house in Ramsey and a flat in Douglas, other than about 200 miles!

Stav.

Huh? What's that got to do with first time buyers/corpy houses?

The houses are being builts at a cost to the Taxpayer to help couples get their feet on the property ladder and also to free up public housing stock.

Also at Pulrose a 56 year old single man has been given a three bed house, why when they have a waiting list of young families that need extra bedroomed houses.

Mr Hamilton the C/E of DOLGE should also be setting an example his mother has a Large three bedroom house in Willaston and lives alone, would it not be a good idea to rehouse this lady to one of the new flats and free up a three bedroom house for a family.

3 Registered address of a tree feller who also keeps his plant on the property

5 House on Saddle road is being used as a Taxi base and has its registered office at same.

I can't personally see a problem with either of these (I don't know all the regualtions), unless of course they're extremely minted as a result. Everyone's got to earn a living somehow.

i want to know how the goverment expect us youngsters (18-30) to be able to afford a house or even get a house.i have to go on a 4 year waiting list if i want a commissioners house in my parish even though ive lived there for 24 years and i cant afford a first time buyers as i dont earn enough money.do they expect us to live with our parents till we are 40 or 50.its ok for the goverment and the commissioners,cus they get their rent for cheap and they get their 30,000 pound a year for sitting on their asses and having a whisky during work.in my parish you cant live in a commissioners house if you earn any more than 26,000 pound a year between the 2 of ya,but i have commissioners in my parish that live together cus they are husband and wife,they both have another job for extra money and they have 2 kids who are 17 and 18 who also work full time.it makes me sick,they must be on thousands n thousands of pounds a year.must be 3 times the limit.

this goverment makes me sick,im manx and their should be cheap rent for locals or even cheaper first time buyers.if not then we should be first on the waiting list

thanks.

A 70 grand flat, of which there's tonnes for sale, will cost you £400 a month mortgage. You'll also get mortgage relief from your tax bill on top of that, and if you're a first time buyer on low earnings the government will give you a bunch of money towards the purchase price.

You really can't afford that?

People bleat about house prices, and some of it's valid, but people tend to forget that the average salary has gone up a lot, and interest rates have come down, it can be affordable.

But then again, peole also expect to drive around in a new suberu, have two holidays a year, a mobile phone, go out every weekend, etc etc.

I recon public housing should be for those who can't earn enough to buy/rent, not those that wont.

Archived