Isle of Pride

12 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Stealing isn't happening at 1886 or Pride because of lockdown.  It's a small number of criminals.  There's no acceptable reason for it.

It's happening because some people believe they are entitled to half inch other people's property.  Its not new, not caused by lockdown, not reflective of the event or establishment and is only a small element.  But when you get large numbers of people who are not necessarily focusing on keeping their possessions safe, it provides the ideal opportunity for opportunistic twats.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, HeliX said:

Load of purses were snatched in 1886 the week before as well. Were I a betting man I'd suspect that the lockdown squeezing people financially is probably the culprit. Well, no, the piss-poor Government support for those squeezed is, but you get my drift.

Not one of your better posts

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The number of bags stolen might suggest that there was more than one thief. Manx Radio seem to have missed this entirely.

There were many police in attendance at the Villa. One point - does the VM and Gardens not have a good CCTV system? Are the Police going to put out an appeal for information many weeks later?

Edited by 2112

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

There were many police in attendance at the Villa. One point - does the VM and Gardens not have a good CCTV system? Are the Police going to put out an appeal for information many weeks later?

It will no doubt be accompanied by a fuzzy photo that is totally useless

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I doubt they have permanent CCTV that can see round trucks and stages that are always setup in different configurations.

Dead cheap and easy to put a tracker in a bag or purse these days.  Would recommend everyone do it.

In fact the police and government should be advising it

4 hours ago, Peter Layman said:

Not one of your better posts

I don't recall defending theft nor criminals. But you'd have to be willfully ignorant of the facts to not understand that crime always increases when poverty increases.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

I don't recall defending theft nor criminals. But you'd have to be willfully ignorant of the facts to not understand that crime always increases when poverty increases.

Sensible tip would be that once you have got yourself into a hole - stop digging

15 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Do you disagree with any part of the statement?

Pretty much all of it to be honest. Your ridiculous claim that Covid and or Government are to blame for purse snatching in different establishments (if true) is pretty much made up nonsense

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Pretty much all of it to be honest. Your ridiculous claim that Covid and or Government are to blame for purse snatching in different establishments (if true) is pretty much made up nonsense

I was referring to the statement that increase in poverty is linked to increase in crime rate. We can do the bit about piss-poor Government support during a pandemic increasing poverty later.

• Like 1