Isle of Pride

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

I suppose what feels creepy is that you are also tracking the kid. Or at least it has the potential to be used that way. 

Nope.

I can see my devices, they can see theirs.

No one can see each other’s unless you temporarily share the location which the young fella does sometimes if he is mountain biking on his own in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, trmpton said:

WTF does that mean?  Proper little clique in here isn't there?

FFS. It was an attempt at lightening the mood. FWIW I don’t think it’s creepy. I do think it’s very controlling. Never mind. Once you and yours are vaccinated Bill Gates will be able to check your locations, but not those of your possessions, all the time. Remember, AdeY-B can tab and track you everywhere.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

FFS. It was an attempt at lightening the mood. FWIW I don’t think it’s creepy. I do think it’s very controlling. Never mind. Once you and yours are vaccinated Bill Gates will be able to check your locations, but not those of your possessions, all the time. Remember, AdeY-B can tab and track you everywhere.

Controlling? If I lose my wallet I can see where it is.  No one else can.

If sons bike gets nicked he can see where it is from his phone.  I can’t.

if he is out on a long ride and feels more comfortable that I can see where he is should he happen to come off or have a mechanical issue then what’s the harm?

It is using completely unintrusive tech to make peoples lives easier. In what way is that controlling?

The Mrs would like to know where we all are at all time as apparently lots of her friends do that.  Easily turned on but we haven’t because I think that is creepy.

Loads of people have tracking turned on on their kids phones.  We don’t.  This would be exactly the same and I bet plenty posting on here have the ability to find their partners or kids phones if needed

Edited by trmpton

31 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Controlling? If I lose my wallet I can see where it is.  No one else can.

If sons bike gets nicked he can see where it is from his phone.  I can’t.

if he is out on a long ride and feels more comfortable that I can see where he is should he happen to come off or have a mechanical issue then what’s the harm?

It is using completely unintrusive tech to make peoples lives easier. In what way is that controlling?

The Mrs would like to know where we all are at all time as apparently lots of her friends do that.  Easily turned on but we haven’t because I think that is creepy.

Loads of people have tracking turned on on their kids phones.  We don’t.  This would be exactly the same and I bet plenty posting on here have the ability to find their partners or kids phones if needed

Creepy.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Manxman27 said:

I've got tiles on my son's school bags. if he loses his PE Kit that's £100 gone!

Plus the price of the Tiles since they will probably be lost for good too. Not enough people are using the Tile network for it to be useful except around the home IMO. Or to tell you where you were when your Tile tracked thing and your phone were last withing range of each other.

AirTags by contrast work very well. Because everyone else's iPhone tracks them.

Edited by pongo

20 minutes ago, pongo said:

Plus the price of the Tiles since they will probably be lost for good too. Not enough people are using the Tile network for it to be useful except around the home IMO. Or to tell you where you were when your Tile tracked thing and your phone were last withing range of each other.

AirTags by contrast work very well. Because everyone else's iPhone tracks them.

Sshhh.  Makes you creepy and controlling apparently making use of all this  fangled new tech in a completely non creepy or controlling way.

Edited by trmpton

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s creepy, controlling  and quite scary. What next?

Right go on then I will bite?

Tell me why?

Then tell me if your any of your family have the ability to locate your own phone if you misplace it.  Because it is exactly the same thing, and to be honest anyone who doesnt have that turned on is very much in the minority.

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Right go on then I will bite?

Tell me why?

Then tell me if your any of your family have the ability to locate your own phone if you misplace it.  Because it is exactly the same thing, and to be honest anyone who doesnt have that turned on is very much in the minority.

I have that totally innocent technology, no problem with that.

But spying on members of my own family is a totally different matter.

• Confused 1