Isle of Pride

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I have that totally innocent technology, no problem with that.

But spying on members of my own family is a totally different matter.

Have you even read the posts?  Obviously not.  It is EXACTLY the same as find my phone.  Exactly.

I can find my stuff.  The Mrs can find hers. The kids can find theirs.

The ONLY exception is that sometimes my son turn it on so I can also find his bike just incase he needs to phone me if he has a problem and might be injured.  It makes him more confident to be out in the middle of nowhere by himself.  If he comes off at any force his Apple Watch will tell me he has had an accident.  I can't track the watch (because that would be creepy) and although it should in theory send a location in that event he is more comfortable knowing I can see where the bike is should he really hurt himself.   It has done wonders for the young lads confidence going all over the island on his own 

Most people I know actually track their kids phones at my kids ages.  We don't.

Anyone who thinks any of that is controlling or creepy has their own issues to deal with.

Edited by trmpton

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I can find my stuff by knowing where it is.

So can I.  It costs buttons and is a handy backup for the odd occasion we need it.

Whats the issue?  If people didn't want them they wouldn't have sold millions.

I posted what I thought was useful info for people in relation to some young girls having their bags nicked and a few idiots have turned it into an attack on how me and my family live, calling me creepy, and controlling for no reason.

I won't waste my time wondering what sort of issues someone needs to have to do that.  Criticising something that gives a young lad the confidence to go back out on the bike he loves after an accident last year! Weird

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Have you got a fridge cam?

Have you got a triple digit IQ?  You hide it well if you do.

I don't have to justify anything to you or anyone else.  I have asked you to explain why it is weird or creepy or controlling and you just respond with inane responses.

Tells me all I need to know.

Cheers

13 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I can find my stuff by knowing where it is.

It's unusual, but I actually agree with trmpton and see the logic here.

Especially with kids, who, with the best will in the world, are prone to misplacing keys, bags etc.

Apple's system around AirTags has been designed such that it isn't designed for extensive tracking, and will actually start chirping loudly if it thinks that it is being used to track someone maliciously. Any Apple users it thinks are being followed get a notification about a strange AirTag traveling with them too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, quilp said:

I’m sure it won’t be long before the media reports their names. I’m sure it won’t be long before the apologists will be out in force, pleading that these people suffer from various issues, pleading leniency. I’m sure the Government will be called if any of the accused are on benefits etc.