Isle of Pride

5 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

+1

Pride events are supported by businesses up and down the country. Where I work we attend loads across the UK and are already working out how we support the IoM Pride event. It's a great way to engage colleagues and help support the local communities. In the UK you'll see offices decorated, lit up, rainbow flags flying. Should hopefully be the same here.

Instead of picking faults why not turn up this year? You'll feel less agitated by not getting your knickers in a twist about something that happens round the world every year and, heaven forbid, you might enjoy yourself! 

What about the heterosexuals....won't somebody think of the heterosexuals lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Six of one, half a dozen of the other if you ask me. Most people don't give a hoot whether a person is gay or not as long as they are decent human beings. What gets on their wicks is the constant "look at me I'm gay and demand special treatment" of the minority gays. I know a lot of gay men and women and they don't harp on like some of the screaming queens

I don’t really understand your point to be honest. It seems to “some gay people are annoying”. But what you’re actually describing is extroverts who happen to be gay. 

Extroverts are bloody annoying. They let fireworks off near animals, they have fancy dress stag do’s, they insist on karaoke in quiet pubs, and  wear novelty ties to the office. But you don’t hold those extroverts behaviour against other people. 

You don’t say “I don’t mind if you work in an office. But those guys with funny ties spoil it for the rest of them.”

I’d also be interested to know what “special treatment” gays are demanding. Historically, they’ve campaigned for the right to love who they want, shag who they want marry who they want. That’s not special treatment everyone has that right. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Declan said:

I don’t really understand your point to be honest. It seems to “some gay people are annoying”. But what you’re actually describing is extroverts who happen to be gay. 

Extroverts are bloody annoying. They let fireworks off near animals, they have fancy dress stag do’s, they insist on karaoke in quiet pubs, and  wear novelty ties to the office. But you don’t hold those extroverts behaviour against other people. 

You don’t say “I don’t mind if you work in an office. But those guys with funny ties spoil it for the rest of them.”

I’d also be interested to know what “special treatment” gays are demanding. Historically, they’ve campaigned for the right to love who they want, shag who they want marry who they want. That’s not special treatment everyone has that right. 

You couldn't be further from the truth if you tried, and boy do you try.

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

just hope that a parade is off the menu

It's very much on the menu. Just like with all other Pride events, that's what a lot of it is about. It's happening. Either go along and enjoy it or don't go and do something else. Why the big deal?

You should see how towns and cities across the UK come alive and embrace these events just like the IOM should. It's 2020. It's at the end of TT too so should be a few extra people still around to get involved and join in the atmosphere.

30 minutes ago, parchedpeas said:

The TT is one of the biggest gay festivals in the country already. All those repressed men. All that leather. Surely this is just the next logical step?

I see Bushy’s are one of the sponsors for Isle of Pride. Maybe, they could get Gaye Bykers on Acid to play the tent, that would keep the old regulars happy. 

Edited by Declan