Isle of Pride

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

There are a lot of summer events and a finite amount of weekends to host them. There isn’t enough time to ‘spread them evenly’  The Public just have to make their choice  

Somehow I don’t think the agricultural show will have a huge impact on Pride numbers. 

Agree there are a number of events but you also have 13 weekends from June to end of August, remove 1 weekend for TT week and still with a bit of planning and talking they could spread them a bit better. I don't think for one minute the pride event will affect the Royal, my original comment was concerning the fact that putting numerous events on one weekend isn't the best planning

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Roxanne is spot on if you have ever tried to organise an event on a weekend in the summer you just have to choose a date and go for it there will always be something else on clashing is a given.    However the show is on over two days so you could do both.

........and doesn't it make the island a pleasant place?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Joe Locke addressing Isle of Pride 2022 crowd in Douglas  

https://youtu.be/MulSR9Lw82E

It was a great event, very happy and lots of smiley, chatty people.  

Shame about DD being referred to as Mrs, but perhaps there was a poetic justice there.

We had to leave because it was just too hot, shouldn't complain but I hope everyone has a great time. 

• Like 2

To add, I felt proud to see this event in our little backwater. So the Pride spreads far and wide. 

There were a lot of older people there, even older than me (!), which reinforced the idea that this is not woke, just fairness and equity.  Often, it just takes a little shift to view things from a different perspective, and in doing so life actually becomes easier. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It was a great event, very happy and lots of smiley, chatty people.  

Shame about DD being referred to as Mrs, but perhaps there was a poetic justice there.

We had to leave because it was just too hot, shouldn't complain but I hope everyone has a great time. 

Who's DD?

I planned on going today but it was just too hot out. I was at the Royal Show with my grandson for seven and a half hours yesterday and I'm still wiped out from the heat and sun. Grandson loved every minute, particularly the quad bike stunts, which I thought were "meh" at best but I'm not a five-year-old budding petrol head. 

I'm sorry to have missed Pride though. 

12 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Who's DD?

I planned on going today but it was just too hot out. I was at the Royal Show with my grandson for seven and a half hours yesterday and I'm still wiped out from the heat and sun. Grandson loved every minute, particularly the quad bike stunts, which I thought were "meh" at best but I'm not a five-year-old budding petrol head. 

What’s “meh”?

And who is Joe Locke? Should I know who he is? He just seems to be encouraging people to lose weight from his video which I must confess I didn’t watch to the end.

I didn’t go today but hope everyone who did had a good time. It’s taken a long time to get this far.

23 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Who's DD?

Dominic Delaney.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What’s “meh”?

And who is Joe Locke? Should I know who he is? He just seems to be encouraging people to lose weight from his video which I must confess I didn’t watch to the end.

I didn’t go today but hope everyone who did had a good time. It’s taken a long time to get this far.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Locke_(actor)