Isle of Pride

11 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

So we can assume the real figure is probably about 2%. I'm not making a point.

Give the figures to Longworth, he'll find another 10k from somewhere.....

• Haha 1

I think the point is that when you factor in "identity politics" you find that there are some people who will be disproportionately represented in terms of political engagement and therefore with answering surveys from Big Brother....uh...the IOM Government.

• 1 year later...

Island gears up for The Long Walk to Pride - Manx Radio 9/6/21

I don’t know if anyone has seen the front entrance of the Villa Marina? It has been repainted in the rainbow colours, and it’s created a rumpus on IOMNP Facebook page. Loads up in arms that people dare to question the cost of painting, and questioning or raising a point could deem you racist, sexist or possible homophobic, in the eyes of some of our most left wing ‘nutters’

I have nothing against this taking place in the Villa Marina gardens, however, I do take issue with the repainting of a taxpayer funded and owned building.

Who paid for the repainting?

Who authorised the repainting?

How much did it cost? 

The Island is going to have to make very hard choices, belt buckling, and certain sections of society will be hit.

If the Isle of Pride charity have paid, is it a good use of charity resources?

As an aside, I have noticed that whilst it has started of as Isle of Pride, a predominantly LGBTQ+ event/organisation it is morphing into a super organisation with other sectors and groups tagging along. Various groups and charities are aligned to the Isle of Pride. One question I would ask is -

If you are a primarily a LGBTQ+ charity supposedly trying to raise awareness of issues within the local LGBTQ+ community, would it have made sense to align yourselves with LGBTQ+ charities, such as the Terrence Higgins Trust or Albert Kennedy? An admission charge or collection could have promoted with the proceeds going towards these charities? 

Just a suggestion!

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Who paid for the repainting?

Who authorised the repainting?

How much did it cost? 

The paint was bought by pokerstars and the coop, it was applied by Buchanan and Pitts, and it cost nothing to you.

It looks good.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The paint was bought by pokerstars and the coop, it was applied by Buchanan and Pitts, and it cost nothing to you.

It looks good.

If it didn’t cost the taxpayer, then all the better. Perhaps if the donors of the paint and the Labour were mentioned, both on the IOMNP Facebook page and also on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece, perhaps people (not just me!) wouldn’t need to ask the question. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2