Isle of Pride

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

I did notice that.

I also noticed that if you were to make a venn diagram of homophobes, bigots, anti-vaxxers and Trump supporters it'd basically just be one circle.

Some absolute toxic bile on the FB IOMN&P group thread.    One of my comments was removed - not for profanity, but for use of a forbidden word : gammonati.   

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blackajah said:

Some absolute toxic bile on the FB IOMN&P group thread.    One of my comments was removed - not for profanity, but for use of a forbidden word : gammonati.   

Sorry I am a bit confused …………. gammonati? Is that with pineapple slice or fried egg - a posh version! 

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’m told the paint is environmentally friendly, and easily removed/painted over.. 

One of the posters on IoMN&P making most noise is someone who normally alleges anything critical of Israel, or pro Palestinian/Arab is antisemitic.

I wonder if he posts on here? 

I genuinely didn’t know who provided the paint and labour, and that was after talking to a prominent member of the LGBTQAI+ community. 

Is the paint pet friendly? 

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

1. I wonder if he posts on here? 

2. Is the paint pet friendly? 

1. Woman. Same family name as the President of Israel. Definitely not our angry shouty Zionist ( who I know IRL and who is just as shouty angry there )

2. Shudders. You’re not into pup play, are you?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Is the paint pet friendly? 

Serious answer.

FYI: The paint has been donated by Co-op Isle of Man and Pokerstars with the labour donated by Buchanan & Pitts. It is temporary paint that is VOC free, vegan, cruelty free, non toxic and will be washed off next week.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

One of the people complaining on IOM N&P is a Paul Moutray. Wasn’t he a locus consultant psychiatrist at Manannan Court? If so it’s shocking.

Shocking that people have views? Or shocking that people are allowed views? Or shocking that Government employees are allowed views, both positive and negative?

That IOMN&P Facebook page does attract some odd types, and some nasty types with horrible views. Some posters on here are positively normal and refrained in their views and opinions, which is a good indication of how well the moderators on this site are - firm but fair!

6 hours ago, Declan said:

Are they also moaning about the cost of painting Castletown Commissioners Office Pink for Breast Cancer? 

Again it’s not publicised, particularly if it’s donated and the provision of painting labour. Like I mentioned before perhaps MR could have placed a paragraph in the news report about the paint being provided by local business and a local painting contractor provided the labour.

Everyone is fed up with excess wasting of taxpayers/ratepayers money, especially when you look at the Promenade and Liverpool Ferry Terminal fiasco. A lot of cynicism around. 

34 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Shocking that people have views? Or shocking that people are allowed views? Or shocking that Government employees are allowed views, both positive and negative?

That IOMN&P Facebook page does attract some odd types, and some nasty types with horrible views. Some posters on here are positively normal and refrained in their views and opinions, which is a good indication of how well the moderators on this site are - firm but fair!

He’s a qualified medic. Working in the psychiatric field. I’d agree with kipper99 that discretion might be better rather than publicising his views. He can hold whatever views he wants. Stating them publicly might damage confidence in the service.