Isle of Pride

Just now, hissingsid said:

The new lighting is ineffective, boring and inefficient that is fact not displaying high horsed negativity .

Those are not facts. That is your opinion to which you are of course fully entitled. Just as others are entitled to disagree with it. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

The new lighting is ineffective, boring and inefficient that is fact not displaying high horsed negativity .

Helps to disorient the German bomber crews, gives them nothing to line up with Liverpool.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

Why would German bomber crews be lining up anywhere in 2022???

True. The tories are doing a better job in destroying Britain than the Luftwaffe ever could. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

But it's literally the title, no?

No idea.  This is how the homepage looks on my phone when I first go there.

I can’t be arsed zooming and scrolling like it’s 2002, so if it actually says city on there let me know.

I have also included Ramsey - works on mobile.

Port Erin - holy shit.

Marown - works on mobile.

and Onchan - best of the lot.

How on earth does Douglas have such a shit website when they have a dedicated IT department?

AC303D6B-AB36-42CD-B00B-DC567CA14754.jpeg

67A58B8D-20C0-45FF-A380-58AC7C8BDCBB.jpeg

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

No idea.  This is how the homepage looks on my phone when I first go there.

I can’t be arsed zooming and scrolling like it’s 2002, so if it actually says city on there let me know.

I have also included Ramsey - works on mobile.

Port Erin - holy shit.

Marown - works on mobile.

and Onchan - best of the lot.

How on earth does Douglas have such a shit website when they have a dedicated IT department?

In fairness, a dedicated IT dept does not necessarily include developers, and if a news story came out with the headline "DBC spends £10k on new website" you can only imagine the ire on here...

There are a few on the Quay but no where near the amount that were taken down from the promenade.    Douglas used to be welcoming when you arrived by boat with all the beautiful lights people keep commenting on this but the deaf DCC don’t want to know.   They are a disgrace we used to have councillors who took pride in Douglas not any more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Does this kind of high horsed negativity give you a buzz or something? 

So you think that the current lighting on Douglas promenade was the right choice? Despite the fact that they have developed a major fault and have not functioned correctly all summer season! They are clearly not fit for purpose and totally unsuitable for the environmental conditions here on the Island. I don’t ever remember any issues with the old lights and festoon lighting.