Isle of Pride

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He’s a qualified medic. Working in the psychiatric field. I’d agree with kipper99 that discretion might be better rather than publicising his views. He can hold whatever views he wants. Stating them publicly might damage confidence in the service.

I agree totally with what you say. Some peoples views are repulsive, ignorant and outdated.

Unless your views are 100% behind the cause you hold yourself up for a hiding/being called a fascist/nazi and the likelihood of being cancelled.

That goes for a lot of discussions these days.

Unless you are being 'kind', views and opinions and life will be trashed.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

He’s a qualified medic. Working in the psychiatric field. I’d agree with kipper99 that discretion might be better rather than publicising his views. He can hold whatever views he wants. Stating them publicly might damage confidence in the service.

You're right. Hence why I don't get involved in any debates on Facebook anymore. Not worth losing your job because someone takes offence to something you said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Serious answer.

FYI: The paint has been donated by Co-op Isle of Man and Pokerstars with the labour donated by Buchanan & Pitts. It is temporary paint that is VOC free, vegan, cruelty free, non toxic and will be washed off next week.

Hope that helps.

So I can paint my dogs with it? 

Ace, I always wanted black labs but ended up with golden ones.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

You're right. Hence why I don't get involved in any debates on Facebook anymore. Not worth losing your job because someone takes offence to something you said. 

All it takes is someone taking offence, and the ‘ism’ police are out in force. You are found guilty by the court of public opinion, and risk losing your job. The same applies to Twitter. 

I think most on here on the whole are well behaved, there are one or two dictators who seem to think they know best, and are experts and don’t like anyone disagreement.

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Not a happy person at all. 

Dunno why we bother with a mental health service when you can diagnose people from one still image :)

(I've met Kerri. Aside from when people are being knobheads, she's always seemed pretty happy to me)

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

So I can paint my dogs with it? 

Ace, I always wanted black labs but ended up with golden ones.

You may not even have that. Labradors are black or yellow.

You might have a golden retriever.