Sir Philip Rutnam quits

thesultanofsheight

8 minutes ago, sir nige said:

As Boris Johnson, for those too stupid to realise it is a white Anglo-Saxon, was parodied in exactly the same way in the same cartoon it can't be racist.

So lets hope Sajid Javid brings the full force of the judiciary down on the Grauniad and Steve Bell and makes himself look like a right twat like the rest of the brexiteers....

Unfortunately it's probably just mere demagoguery. But you never know, it might turn a laugh...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, P.K. said:

As Boris Johnson, for those too stupid to realise it is a white Anglo-Saxon, was parodied in exactly the same way in the same cartoon it can't be racist.

So lets hope Sajid Javid brings the full force of the judiciary down on the Grauniad and Steve Bell and makes himself look like a right twat like the rest of the brexiteers....

Unfortunately it's probably just mere demagoguery. But you never know, it might turn a laugh...

BoJo's great grandfather was Turkish and so his bloodline isn't pure AngloSaxon so showing him as a pig is every bit offensive.

On 3/5/2020 at 2:10 PM, P.K. said:

Translation please.

4 minutes ago, Rog said:

BoJo's great grandfather was Turkish and so his bloodline isn't pure AngloSaxon so showing him as a pig is every bit offensive.

Doesn't the cartoon show him as bull though?

Can't help thinking that this is another case (on all political sides) of people being professionally offended on the behalf of others. Has Mrs Patel actually commented on it? I accept that maybe I'm just old fashioned and not up to date with what is truly offensive.

Just now, mojomonkey said:

Can't help thinking that this is another case (on all political sides) of people being professionally offended on the behalf of others. Has Mrs Patel actually commented on it? I accept that maybe I'm just old fashioned and not up to date with what is truly offensive.

Well male pigs often have nose rings too, and that trotter is rather obvious. I do take your point regarding the professionally offended though. My thoughts were "nasty bastard" and moved on.

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

guardian is no different to charlie hebdo mocking muslims.....

4 minutes ago, sir nige said:

guardian is no different to charlie hebdo mocking muslims.....

Perhaps, neither offended me so it makes little personal difference to me. I do wonder if people have always been so easily offended or whether this is a social media age thing.

19 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Perhaps, neither offended me so it makes little personal difference to me. I do wonder if people have always been so easily offended or whether this is a social media age thing.

Faux outrage is demagoguery at it's pathetically lowest point.

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

and horns? I suppose being depicted as a bull or cow is potentially more offensive to Mrs Patel, assuming she is a Hindu.

I thought the image was more of a demon (with both Patel & Johnson being portrayed that way).

Demonist!!!! You're as bad as The Guardian. If demons want nose rings, they should allowed nose rings, who are you to deprive any demon of that right? Won't somebody think of the demons!

I am doing this faux outrage thing correctly?

15 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Demonist!!!! You're as bad as The Guardian. If demons want nose rings, they should allowed nose rings, who are you to deprive any demon of that right? Won't somebody think of the demons!

I am doing this faux outrage thing correctly?

get with the 13th century its #demonphobia.......

Archived