COVID-19 UK & Beyond

Rog

It's fucking madness. Prof VT has just publicly emphasised the risk of older children (both asymptomatic and only slightly affected) passing on the virus not only to teachers but also taking it back home to their households.

In the same presser Bojo is planning to re-open schools by putting all his hopes in the vaccine basket yet the earliest results not expected until mid-February. And that's vaccinated adults, they're still evaluating the vaccine to even use on kids, let alone efficacy results.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo

Tory propaganda papers and news media (aka BBC) desperately trying to make a discussion with the EU over vaccines into a major diplomatic incident (and an attempt by the big baddies in the EU to punish the plucky brits) in a vain move to cover Bojo's disastrous handling of the pandemic and the 100,000 deaths.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Tory propaganda papers and news media (aka BBC) desperately trying to make a discussion with the EU over vaccines into a major diplomatic incident (and an attempt by the big baddies in the EU to punish the plucky brits) in a vain move to cover Bojo's disastrous handling of the pandemic and the 100,000 deaths.

Yes, that was evident in the Press Preview on Sky News last night. That bell end Andrew Pierce from the Wail was ranting about the EU throwing its teddy out because of Bojo's skill in negotiating a vaccines deal.

Bojo dodging questions yesterday on the establishment of a Public Inquiry into the UK's handling of the pandemic to date too, despite repeated questions from MPs.

NHS UK Covid figures released for 28/01.

28,680 New infections, Covid-related deaths 1239. Total deaths now 103,126.

Infection rate now said to be 1 in 64.

Critical bed cases rising "alarmingly", now standing at 5446. One in eight UK hospitals now have no spare critical bed space.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

the Wail was ranting about the EU throwing its teddy out because of Bojo's skill in negotiating a vaccines deal.

Given that the UK provided most of the investment in vaccine development and production, it seems only fair that they should get the produce. Having said there would be no profits.

The UK invested £4.00 per head of population while the EU invested just 70p.

17 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

NHS UK Covid figures released for 28/01.

28,680 New infections, Covid-related deaths 1239. Total deaths now 103,126.

Infection rate now said to be 1 in 64.

Critical bed cases rising "alarmingly", now standing at 5446. One in eight UK hospitals now have no spare critical bed space.

Will we start to see images of patients dying in hospital corridors soon do you think? 

16 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Will we start to see images of patients dying in hospital corridors soon do you think? 

I sincerely hope not, we've already had enough of that, from the very start of the pandemic in Italy and its spread through to the US and South America.

Unfortunately some still think it's a mild dose of the flu because it's inconveniencing their holibob jollies and is therefore to be discounted and played down. Largely because we've been fortunate enough, by design or luck, not to have seen too much of it to date on the Island.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo

On 1/27/2021 at 5:05 PM, Len Trench said:

Forgive me but I see UK as a covid basket case. Can anybody give me an idea as why our leaders are allowing folk to visit Heysham to pick up a new family pet? (I may have misunderstood this). Thanks for any replies.

Because our leaders are feckin idiots...

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I sincerely hope not, we've already had enough of that, from the very start of the pandemic in Italy and its spread through to the US and South America.

Unfortunately some still think it's a mild dose of the flu because it's inconveniencing their holibob jollies and is therefore to be discounted and played down. Largely because we've been fortunate enough, by design or luck, not to have seen too much of it to date on the Island.

Is that what you think folk believe, it's a mild flu ruining their opportunity to holiday?

You really think that reasonable people have serious aspirations of holidaying at this moment?

44 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Is that what you think folk believe, it's a mild flu ruining their opportunity to holiday?

You really think that reasonable people have serious aspirations of holidaying at this moment?

There are certainly one or two on these boards alone who have indicated that within the past week alone.

3 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Do you believe that those images have not previously reflected the actuality?

Were they faked like the moon landings and the pictures from space which show the curvature of the earth?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pongo said:

Do you believe that those images have not previously reflected the actuality?

Were they faked like the moon landings and the pictures from space which show the curvature of the earth?

I'm asking a legitimate question.

Can you please unfollow me or block me or ignore me or whatever the facility is here.

I find you to be a bit of a weapon in all honesty Pingu.