COVID-19 UK & Beyond

Rog

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Genuinely sorry about your employment circs. Hope it pans out for you.

Thanks, so do I. Had a second postponement too. I don't like to book too much in too far in advance, I like being flexible and being able to subby in to others. If I sub-contract 3 months of the year that's my tax and NI covered, any more than that and I'm in rebate territory and it works well. Look like I'm going to have to work the phone a bit, see who's got a bit extra going on. Problem is, everyone is beginning to shut down and people aren't going to be wanting contractors in their house right now. I should have got a real salaried job.

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

I thought I hadn't missed anything. But clearly I actually did miss a nothing....

Why no policy announcement? I think there was a clue in the PC. Being a tory government they will want a scheme where the LA picks up the hit for their tenants while central taxation lines the pockets of the good tory BTL brigade.

Watch this space!

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Thanks, so do I. Had a second postponement too. I don't like to book too much in too far in advance, I like being flexible and being able to subby in to others. If I sub-contract 3 months of the year that's my tax and NI covered, any more than that and I'm in rebate territory and it works well. Look like I'm going to have to work the phone a bit, see who's got a bit extra going on. Problem is, everyone is beginning to shut down and people aren't going to be wanting contractors in their house right now. I should have got a real salaried job.

The Tesco deliveries are now to the front door only. They are not allowed actually into the premises.

Sure you could have got a salaried job in, say, the public sector.

But you would then have spent day after day breaking your soul trying to justify your very existance with no sense of achievement or personal worth.

Good luck. The next few months will be very difficult for everyone.

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

I’m wondering where Sir Nige is with his reassuring advice that everyone’s a snowflake. He hasn’t been heard of since his shipment from Italy arrived. 

Hmmm - Rog goes missing at the same time as Sir Nige, what a to do!!!

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

I thought I hadn't missed anything. But clearly I actually did miss a nothing....

Why no policy announcement? I think there was a clue in the PC. Being a tory government they will want a scheme where the LA picks up the hit for their tenants while central taxation lines the pockets of the good tory BTL brigade.

Watch this space!

Clearly you did. Well, I gave you the information you requested. If you wish to welcome the good news for tenants churlishly, that is your choice.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Clearly you did. Well, I gave you the information you requested. If you wish to welcome the good news for tenants churlishly, that is your choice.

What good news for tenants?

Come on Woolster, what good news?

The link you posted vaguely alluded to assistance for renters with a paucity of detail. So where is the good news?

Have to say that I was surprised with Johnson's response to the "schools open" question. I thought he would just pass it on to the the SME as they are claiming they are following the science. Instead he fielded it and just closed it down with an "under review" bollox.

Only a complete idiot would have missed that....

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

F-all for renters as far as I can tell.

Well, you said the above, and I corrected you by advising that renters were being covered and an announcement is imminent.

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What good news for tenants?

Come on Woolster, what good news?

Surely this is better than "F--all for renters", yes?  You need to give credit where due.

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well, you said the above, and I corrected you by advising that renters were being covered and an announcement is imminent.

Surely this is better than "F--all for renters", yes?  You need to give credit where due.

You're having a laugh!

I'll give credit where it's due when I see the T & C's.

It's called "Management By Fact" - maybe you should try it....?

Word of warning - Hardworking, honest, reliable – none of these words apply to Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

Still wondering about this though.

I guess we'll find out.

32 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Have to say that I was surprised with Johnson's response to the "schools open" question. I thought he would just pass it on to the the SME as they are claiming they are following the science. Instead he fielded it and just closed it down with an "under review" bollox.

Only a complete idiot would have missed that....