COVID-19 UK & Beyond

Rog

12 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Talking of trolling, where's Rog? 

Rog is sitting on the side just watching having taken the advice by John to stop the continual exposure of the nonsense and obsession by (particularly) PK.

Trolling is something I have never done.  I write that in the belief that trolling is to argue just for the sake of it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, P.K. said:

. Mortgage holidays for those that have them. F-all for renters as far as I can tell. The good tory BTL brigade must be pissing themselves laughing. Zippo for the gig ecomony as well.

Same old same old...

As a BTR landlord with a number of properties I have temporarily reduced all my rents to a level that covers the raw cost of ownership of each property.  All BTR landlords that I am in contact with round here bar 2 have already done precisely the same. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Rog said:

As a BTR landlord with a number of properties I have temporarily reduced all my rents to a level that covers the raw cost of ownership of each property.  All BTR landlords that I am in contact with round here bar 2 have already done precisely the same. 

Well done. 

The government is being urged to do more for families and workers affected by the coronavirus crisis after it announced £350bn of help for companies.

Ministers promised mortgage "holidays" for those in financial difficulty, as well as £330bn in loans and £20bn in other aid to protect businesses.

But some MPs, trade bodies and unions said more support was needed sooner, particularly for renters and those working in the so-called gig economy.

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Well done. 

The government is being urged to do more for families and workers affected by the coronavirus crisis after it announced £350bn of help for companies.

Ministers promised mortgage "holidays" for those in financial difficulty, as well as £330bn in loans and £20bn in other aid to protect businesses.

But some MPs, trade bodies and unions said more support was needed sooner, particularly for renters and those working in the so-called gig economy.

There will always those that want more.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

There will always those that want more.

There will always be those who want a fair shake.

Every country in the EU is taking steps to reduce their gig economy because of the vulnerability of the workforce.

But there is one entity who is going in the opposite direction.

Can you guess which entity that is?

• Sad 1

I agree there is lot of things being said on this topic, so it is important that we don't spread rumors and share authentic information or information should be shared via trusted sources to avoid panic situation among ourselves.  Lot of people are getting cured and it's time for us to flatten the curve and stay positive. Cheers ! 

Local News Publishers Dorset

• Sad 1

I've posted about William M. Briggs in the now closed thread which was a bit more sciencey than the others.  He's a bit odd, but worth reading.  This post questions the panic and gives some modelling of the epidemic.

It also links to this Information is Beautiful graphic on media coverage of illnesses and social ills - it'll be interesting to see an update!

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Mags4dorset said:

I agree there is lot of things being said on this topic, so it is important that we don't spread rumors and share authentic information or information should be shared via trusted sources to avoid panic situation among ourselves.  Lot of people are getting cured and it's time for us to flatten the curve and stay positive. Cheers ! 

Local News Publishers Dorset

And lots of people who appear cured and probably are are coming down with this monster a second and third time.

43 minutes ago, P.K. said:

There will always be those who want a fair shake.

Every country in the EU is taking steps to reduce their gig economy because of the vulnerability of the workforce.

But there is one entity who is going in the opposite direction.

Can you guess which entity that is?

Oh FFS PK.  This isn't the time to make stupid political capital.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rog said:

Oh FFS PK.  This isn't the time to make stupid political capital.

What on earth are you talking about?

As a Liberal I am always aware that the main measure of how "civilised" (for want of a better word) a society is can be found in the way they care for their most vulnerable citizens.

Or not as the case may be....

3 hours ago, Rog said:

What on earth is this? A tiny bit of compassion from Rog? The worlds gone mad

• Haha 2

Just now, TheTeapot said:

What on earth is this? A tiny bit of compassion from Rog? The worlds gone mad

You REALLY don't understand me. It has been self evident that you haven't understood me for ages. But ask me if I cared.

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You're totally correct, I don't understand you. I mean, you're a man who openly posted on this forum that you wouldn't want to get treated by a doctor because if the colour of their skin. 

Nothing to do with skin colour, race and religion, mostly religion.

• Sad 1

Interesting:

Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China

Medical authorities in China have said a drug used in Japan to treat new strains of influenza appeared to be effective in coronavirus patients, Japanese media said on Wednesday.

Zhang Xinmin, an official at China’s science and technology ministry, said favipiravir, developed by a subsidiary of Fujifilm, had produced encouraging outcomes in clinical trials in Wuhan and Shenzhen involving 340 patients.

“It has a high degree of safety and is clearly effective in treatment,” Zhang told reporters on Tuesday.

Patients who were given the medicine in Shenzhen turned negative for the virus after a median of four days after becoming positive, compared with a median of 11 days for those who were not treated with the drug, public broadcaster NHK said.

In addition, X-rays confirmed improvements in lung condition in about 91% of the patients who were treated with favipiravir, compared to 62% or those without the drug.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/japanese-flu-drug-clearly-effective-in-treating-coronavirus-says-china