COVID-19 UK & Beyond

Rog

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Now be fair. I would hate any political party who deliberately underfunded the NHS.

You trot this out all the time but the NHS has always been funded throughout wih ever increasing amounts of public money. It is unlikely to have received more under an alternative government because the economy would have tanked even worse after 2010 under Labour. Remember too that your beloved Liberals were in coalition for the five years going forward. The NHS is a sacred cow. No party dares reform it in any way, which it could certainly do with  to get more resources to the front line, because they know it would be political suicide. 

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Rog said:

Indeed, but long to medium term is different.  

It's well down on equities over 30 years. I guess it depends on your time frame. Lots of other hang ups with a physical asset too. It needs insurance. It needs secure guarding from those who might relieve you of it. At one time it had reliability. In a crisis like this buyers would flock to it and you could guarantee the price would rise. Look at the price today, though. Down like everything else. 

17 minutes ago, woolley said:

It's well down on equities over 30 years. I guess it depends on your time frame. Lots of other hang ups with a physical asset too. It needs insurance. It needs secure guarding from those who might relieve you of it. At one time it had reliability. In a crisis like this buyers would flock to it and you could guarantee the price would rise. Look at the price today, though. Down like everything else. 

I've got some via Credit Suisse.

43 minutes ago, woolley said:

You trot this out all the time but the NHS has always been funded throughout wih ever increasing amounts of public money. It is unlikely to have received more under an alternative government because the economy would have tanked even worse after 2010 under Labour. Remember too that your beloved Liberals were in coalition for the five years going forward. The NHS is a sacred cow. No party dares reform it in any way, which it could certainly do with  to get more resources to the front line, because they know it would be political suicide. 

You trot this out all the time....

:)

The NHS and Social Care are not receiving enough dosh from this government. Simple as. They always claim, as you alluded to, that they've "put in record amounts" but if it's not enough then they're running the service down. That is what's been happening....

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You trot this out all the time....

:)

The NHS and Social Care are not receiving enough dosh from this government. Simple as. They always claim, as you alluded to, that they've "put in record amounts" but if it's not enough then they're running the service down. That is what's been happening....

There will never be enough. When something is broken it needs fixing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How is the NHS and Social Care broken?

36 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The NHS and Social Care are not receiving enough dosh from this government. Simple as. That is what's been happening....

You've answered your own question, really...

17 minutes ago, Rog said:

Much too much being delivered than the country can afford.

Perhaps. But the main problem is poor and overpaid management and suffocating bureaucracy. We spend more than other countries for worse outcomes. I don't mind the cost if it's going to service delivery at the sharp end. Having said I am not doing this circus yet again,  that's me out. 

• Like 4