COVID-19 UK & Beyond

Rog

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Big jump in UK deaths today - 393 reported. The ONS have been messing about with the figures a bit too, I think for earlier in the month they've added a few.

I believe the number added was 40.

19 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

I read that the extra 40 were people who had Covid-19 mentioned of the death certs, but not as the recorded primary cause of death. 

How much weight to give to each contributory cause of death is always a difficult one. Some individuals suffer many illnesses in their final decline. It is important for medical and statistical research and planning purposes to record correct causes of death in official data. You would not want to underplay the effect of the virus, but at the same time you cannot afford to lose sight of the underlying comorbidities that are, after all, making those individuals so susceptible to succumbing to Covid-19 in the first place.

I can’t understand why when there’s a deadly virus that might effect them they seem to be listening to experts all of a sudden. When it was ordinary people’s jobs and the country’s economic future they preferred to listen to the views of people like Tim Martin, Sir Nigel and Woolley. 

• Haha 1

Talking of the likes of flag wavers Martin, Farage, Tice, Rees-Mogg, François, etc, I wonder if any of them have volunteered for the front line? I bet they’re all bunkered up with their nannies going out to do the shopping for them. 

Edited by Freggyragh
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Talking of the likes of flag wavers Martin, Farage, Tice, Rees-Mogg, François, etc, I wonder if any of them have volunteered for the front line? I bet they’re all bunkered up with their nannies going out to do the shopping for them. 

And what about your goodself, Freggers old bean?

18 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Moralising ... is that the word for it ... sounds more like sneering ... endlessly.

Of course, there's always a chance they're just telling it like it is...

Talking of sneering what are Rees-Mogg and his rotund fag Mark Francois up to these days?

I haven't seen any pasta for several weeks...

I noticed Farcebook had a thread of Manxies saying how they were ready to self isolate and could do so for a month or more to "do their bit..."

I was tempted to ask them how did they come to have at least a month's worth of supplies...?

Check out here for a really great visualisation of the epidemic, with a clever way of showing exponential growth is coming to an end.

Use deaths they are more reliable than new cases, though the new cases data leads by 10 days or so and so is a leading indicator that things are getting better.

Explained here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1