COVID-19 UK & Beyond

Rog

Looks like London is now going into Tier 3 lockdown just in run up to Xmas... announcement by Hancock at 3.45pm

ETA. "New variant" of virus now identified and W.H.O. notified.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit

15 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

On which consecutive day of calling for the borders to open will you finally realise this yourself?

When the vulnerable are shielded, a coherent testing strategy is implemented and a thorough, fully resourced track and trace team is installed.

I haven't deviated in my opinion from March this year. I've tried to come up with a balance.

Edited by Nom de plume

28 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I haven't deviated in my opinion from March this year. I've tried to come up with a balance.

It's less than 2 months since you were calling on people here to write to their MHKs asking for the Isle of Man to adopt the same policies which have got Jersey into such a mess.

Are you saying that you have not deviated from that opinion? That you still believe that those measures which got Jersey into such a mess should be implemented here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pongo said:

It's less than 2 months since you were calling on people here to write to their MHKs asking for the Isle of Man to adopt the same policies which have got Jersey into such a mess.

Are you saying that you have not deviated from that opinion? That you still believe that those measures which got Jersey into such a mess should be implemented here.

I don’t know whether Jersey shielded their elderly & vulnerable as I’d suggested from the get go, those who were the most susceptible to contracting life ending symptoms.

Its clear their track & trace system has failed. Their population is 105,000 on an Island a quarter the size of ours, therefore the density has also hindered them.

I also believe they failed to implement a test on entry, +5, +7 from the opening.

I would have encouraged mask wearing here, proper hand hygiene & social distancing.

A compromise if you will to assist business, family life and medical visitations.

Wee Krankie now announces that new variant of COVID now found in Scotland too. East Lothian now moves into Tier 3 restrictions.

ETA. Suggestions only so far that the new variant now transmits more easily - clever little barsteward isn't it...?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit