easy jet

doc.fixit

Sleazyjet informed me by e-mail that my return flights IOM-LPL MAR 30/LPL-IOM APR 8 had been cancelled for very obvious and universal reasons, offering to accept alternative travel dates.

I simply wanted a refund (Jet2 had done this automatically for my international flights for my onward destination)

After spending at least two hours navigating their very unintuative site to find a simple refund option and filling out an unusually long form of details and pressing (finally) confirm I get this message:

'by checking this box, you acknowledge that submitting this claims form will not refund your unused ticket. If you are entitled to a refund, please visit Manage Bookings.'

This is THE worst example of 'Round the Houses' to make things really difficult for you I have ever experienced, because two hours ago, that's exactly where I started!!

Sleazy, I believe that at this point hope most other people wanting a refund would give up and accept their 'rebook' offer

Absolute pure greed, added to the pure greed of the way they took advantage of Flybe going 'Tits-up' necessitating me making this expensive alternative booking in the first place!

True colours 'Sleazy.....true colours.

I will personally travel with ANY other than you (back of a seagull or even Steam Packet if I have to) for the rest of my travelling days....lots of future lost business and brand loyalty, please be assured, absolutely assured of that!

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sentience said:

Sleazyjet informed me by e-mail that my return flights IOM-MCR MAR 30/MCR-IOM APR 8 had been cancelled for very obvious and universal reasons, offering to accept alternative travel dates.

I simply wanted a refund (Jet2 had done this automatically for my international flights for my onward destination)

After spending at least two hours navigating their very unintuative site to find a simple refund option and filling out an unusually long form of details and pressing (finally) confirm I get this message:

'by checking this box, you acknowledge that submitting this claims form will not refund your unused ticket. If you are entitled to a refund, please visit Manage Bookings.'

This is THE worst example of 'Round the Houses' to make things really difficult for you I have ever experienced, because two hours ago, that's exactly where I started!!

Sleazy, I believe that at this point hope most other people wanting a refund would give up and accept their 'rebook' offer

Absolute pure greed, added to the pure greed of the way they took advantage of Flybe going 'Tits-up' necessitating me making this expensive alternative booking in the first place!

True colours 'Sleazy.....true colours.

I will personally fly with ANY other than you (back of a seagull if I have to) for the rest of my travelling days....please be absolutely assured of that!

Never had a problem with easyjet and have been refunded each time. Did you call them "sleazyjet" at any point.  Where were you flying to? MCR

22 hours ago, snowman said:

Phoned easyjet today. Took 2 hrs to get through but all sorted on the phone 

The chap said they're working remotely and having to adjust to new working practices and new systems  

He was also isolating from his family for 21 days (health not work reasons!)

So remember, the person on the other end of the phone has their own issues and troubles to deal with - either work or personal 

Be nice people

Did you get a refund?

39 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Never had a problem with easyjet and have been refunded each time. Did you call them "sleazyjet" at any point.  Where were you flying to? MCR

Of course I called them 'Sleazyjet'.

The facts of this missive make it obvious of their talent in this area of 'business' (sic)

Sorry it should have read IOM-LPL....LPL-IOM

However, now I understand...Just seen who the poster was....now I understand.

6 minutes ago, Sentience said:

Of course I called them 'Sleazyjet'.

The facts of this missive make it obvious of their talent in this area of 'business' (sic)

Ah, now I understand...Just seen who the poster was....now I understand.

But where is MCR airport though ?

and you only noticed who you were quoting near the end of your quote ?

Finally got through to a human being at Easyjet this afternoon after a 2 hour continuous dialling. 

Lovely lady got the full frustration story from me about there not being any offer (button) for 'refund' and the time spent on their site yesterday going round and round in circles  trying to find a way forward.

She agreed it should have been an offer made with the e-mail we originally received about them cancelling the flight, in an effort to retain any sense of fairness.

She did not try to placate me with any corporate bullshit, she just asked me for my name, personal security details and booking reference. 

Finally said there would be an e-mail sent to confirm a refund would appear on my debit card within 5 to 7 working days, this duly arrived 10 minutes later.

That's the way a good business should work.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:11 PM, Sentience said:

Lovely lady got the full frustration story from me about there not being any offer (button) for 'refund' and the time spent on their site yesterday going round and round in circles  trying to find a way forward.

Everybody doing the same will be clogging up their phone systems in addition to at least 2 of their call centres in the Far East and India being closed.

11 hours ago, John Wright said:

EasyJet just got a £600m loan from U.K. government and drew down £500m from its revolving credit to ensure liquidity 

£ 500m credit and a £ 600m loan?  it may be liquidity, but it isn't solvency

10 minutes ago, woolley said:

This was to meet that awkward sod Sentience"s refund. 

I’m still waiting for mine, as well. Over £600 for April flights cancelled. 

EasyJet sent me one of those passenger satisfaction surveys about how well they dealt with the cancellation. Bit of an own goal!

Archived