easy jet

doc.fixit

It makes me laugh that people willingly use easyJet because their prices (if you get in early enough) are excellent, then call them ‘Sleazyjet’. 

ps. I’ve just checked their share price in case the poster threatening to never use them again has had an effect.  Guess what? They haven’t. 

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’m still waiting for mine, as well. Over £600 for April flights cancelled. 

EasyJet sent me one of those passenger satisfaction surveys about how well they dealt with the cancellation. Bit of an own goal!

That's really strange. I had 7 bookings with them (all different places Madrid, Tel Aviv, Liverpool, Gatwick). I got emails to say they'd been cancelled. I called their usual number, straight through in 20 minutes, asked nicely for a refund on these bookings and money was in my account 2 days later. 

45 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

That's really strange. I had 7 bookings with them (all different places Madrid, Tel Aviv, Liverpool, Gatwick). I got emails to say they'd been cancelled. I called their usual number, straight through in 20 minutes, asked nicely for a refund on these bookings and money was in my account 2 days later. 

I must ring at the wrong time. Tried 3 times, it rang out. I used the in app message system and printed off and posted as well.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I must ring at the wrong time. Tried 3 times, it rang out. I used the in app message system and printed off and posted as well.

They know you're a lawyer... :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

They know you're a lawyer... :thumbsup:

Probably. I’ve no issues with EZY. I’ve managed to get compensation/refunds, each time I’ve tried. I had to issue small claims once. They caved before service.

In the early days, and before EU261, a flight from Luton was delayed and Stelios was there handing out food vouchers and a letter promising to refund the cost of that flight leg. It left a good impression.

The removal of the refund button on the app/website for disrupted/cancelled flights is sneaky and leaves a bad taste.

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

The removal of the refund button on the app/website for disrupted/cancelled flights is sneaky and leaves a bad taste.

British Airways are doing exactly the same. No refund button, just a voucher button. But you can apparently get a refund, if you have the patience to ring the Call Centre, but this fact is well hidden in the mass of extraneous information they send to you.

I do understand that they are all desperately trying to conserve cash, by issuing millions of IOU's. However, as far as I know EU261 has not been suspended, so deliberately making it hard to get a cash refund, for a flight that is cancelled, is at best devious, and at worst dishonest, and perhaps, illegal.

Thoughts, John? 

15 minutes ago, Nellie said:

British Airways are doing exactly the same. No refund button, just a voucher button. But you can apparently get a refund, if you have the patience to ring the Call Centre, but this fact is well hidden in the mass of extraneous information they send to you.

I do understand that they are all desperately trying to conserve cash, by issuing millions of IOU's. However, as far as I know EU261 has not been suspended, so deliberately making it hard to get a cash refund, for a flight that is cancelled, is at best devious, and at worst dishonest, and perhaps, illegal.

Thoughts, John? 

As long as they cancelled far enough ahead, and they did, EU261 isn’t relevant.

Its simple Sale of Goods and Services. You paid for a flight, they didn’t provide a flight, you’re entitled to your money back - as your first option.

7 hours ago, On The Bus said:

I had Easyjet flights for April abroad (4 in total), got an email saying tgetd been csncleed and that I could have either a full refund, change flights for another date or a voucher for the amount paid...I opted for the latter.

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

Thoughts, John? 

You can obtain a refund via the website. Login into your booking as normal but before you click the refund button, disable javascript. You then bypass the voucher page. Reactivate java then click on refund. Worked fine for me. Very sneaky though.

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Probably. I’ve no issues with EZY. I’ve managed to get compensation/refunds, each time I’ve tried. I had to issue small claims once. They caved before service.

In the early days, and before EU261, a flight from Luton was delayed and Stelios was there handing out food vouchers and a letter promising to refund the cost of that flight leg. It left a good impression.

Quite.

That was THE reason I posted what I did.

Even the very pleasant, helpful young lady I finally spoke to after two days and many hours of phoning, (remember long distance charges from the Island) with simple 'busy' tones, or listening to a rather long winded recording which only ended by telling me to go to 'Manage my booking', the site with NO option for a refund!!

Without any attempt at placating me with some corporate nonsense, she agreed the company had blundered badly with it's policy of pushing people on their website toward rebooking, which, I guess purely from a business perspective is ok (just). It was the omission of a simple 'refund' option/button,  as  "sneaky, leaving a bad taste. 

Remember, this is NOT a case of some volcano's eruption causing flight cancellations, this is a worldwide disaster involving loss of life universally, and to appear not to have even the remotest sense of empathy towards  nervous people trying  to recover their funds as easily as possible, is at least morally reprehensable and downright greedy.

So sorry boys.....I still call this attitude...SLEAZY

15 hours ago, piebaps said:

You can obtain a refund via the website. Login into your booking as normal but before you click the refund button, disable javascript. You then bypass the voucher page. Reactivate java then click on refund. Worked fine for me. Very sneaky though.

That workaround no longer works, you need to call if you want a refund.

2 hours ago, On The Bus said:

I'll be amazed if Easyjet operate anything more than a single Gatwick flight a day from here when things re-open. A leading industry source was saying this morning it will set the flight industry back 8 - 10 years 

When this cloud lifts, every airline will be like a 'start-up'. They'll need to gradually re-commission their aircraft, re-engage staff, re-engage suppliers, handling agents etc.

While they're doing those things, they'll need to figure out when there will be enough demand to start flying, where they can fly to profitably, how often they need to fly there, etc. and then build up gradually, from that starting point.

People may be reluctant to fly to Spain, Italy, France etc. for a while. People in those countries may be reluctant to fly to the UK. There may be more robust demand for domestic travel, in the early stage of any re-birth.

I'd imagine the IOM flights will follow this pattern, and gradually build up to a sustainable level. Don't forget, that as part of their unwavering commitment to the Island, easyJet have operated fewer Gatwick flights in June, July and August, than in November and December, for several years, so one flight a day wouldn't represent a dramatic change.

In easyJet's case, it will take many months to get back to flying 350 odd aircraft again.

23 hours ago, Sentience said:

Quite.

That was THE reason I posted what I did.

Even the very pleasant, helpful young lady I finally spoke to after two days and many hours of phoning, (remember long distance charges from the Island) with simple 'busy' tones, or listening to a rather long winded recording which only ended by telling me to go to 'Manage my booking', the site with NO option for a refund!!

Without any attempt at placating me with some corporate nonsense, she agreed the company had blundered badly with it's policy of pushing people on their website toward rebooking, which, I guess purely from a business perspective is ok (just). It was the omission of a simple 'refund' option/button,  as  "sneaky, leaving a bad taste. 

Remember, this is NOT a case of some volcano's eruption causing flight cancellations, this is a worldwide disaster involving loss of life universally, and to appear not to have even the remotest sense of empathy towards  nervous people trying  to recover their funds as easily as possible, is at least morally reprehensable and downright greedy.

So sorry boys.....I still call this attitude...SLEAZY

I understand the frustration. I sympathise with people looking for refunds who could really do with the money considering all that is going on. I can even agree on morally reprehensible in that sense.........., and yet, I also find it hard to be judgmental when airlines are going through such convulsions to their businesses and suffering massive losses day in, day out. So I don't feel that downright greedy is in any way an appropriate accusation in the current conditions. Downright desperate, perhaps.

Easyjet shares are trading at not much more than a third of what they were 2 months ago, and the company has taken a billion pounds in loans. It is hardly surprising that it will try to hang on to cash flow rather than make refunds easy to come by. Clearly it will be preferable from their point of view to rebook months into the future and keep your money in the meantime. I know it's not fair but, ironically, too many people insisting on refunds could be the final straw for many cash strapped airlines.

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

"too many people insisting on refunds could be the final straw for many cash strapped airlines."

Long distance lengthy phone calls paid for by the ticketholder....me. A number that was very difficult to find and not offered on their website.

Not just that, but please remember the absolutely 'incredeeeble' fare increases they introduced immediately Flybe announced their demise....GREEDY...seemples!

Archived