easy jet

doc.fixit

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Are you the guy in the video? 

No he said he’s in Hertfordshire I’m in Yorkshire. I have total affinity with his situation though. The whole process is bonkers. Why is the IOM the most difficult and costly place to get back to in the whole world? 

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Manx Expat said:

They don’t I read Howard Quayle’s statement online. They do not have to self isolate. They have not had to self isolate from day one either. 

Do you have a link for that please? Or at least a date for when he said it? I honestly don't remember Howard ever saying this but I'm happy to be corrected. The bloke in the video you provided seems to think otherwise, and Forestboy's keyworker granddaughter has gone through self-isolation. I'd like to know what is the truth. (meaning was Howard mistaken, misquoted, or does the right hand not know what the left is doing?)

11 hours ago, Manx Expat said:

I’m just getting fed up. I only came on here to try to find out what’s going but as with the IOMs usualdefault position it’s not about doing what is sensible or right for Manx people. It’s about doing what a load of self-important twats tell you to do to perpetuate their own jobs. I despair more than I did before I logged on here to be honest. Nowhere else in the world has used this situation to create Guantanamo Bay on a golf course. 

You got called a drama queen for this post because - seriously? You're likening Comis to Guantanamo? I didn't realise the repatriated folks at Comis were being physically tortured. (where's a facepalm emoji when you need one?)

Do I think this could have been handled better? Sure. But I don't pretend to have the perfect answer either. It was always going to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

2 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't realise that the people in Comis are being subjected to sound disorientation techniques  and intentional sleep-deprivation. Now that's mental torture!

Well I suppose the measure of it will be what support and assistance those being held there for two weeks need once they leave.

And that is why you will see that Comis shambles binned off in the not too distant future I'd suggest. 

8 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Well I suppose the measure of it will be what support and assistance those being held there for two weeks need once they leave.

And that is why you will see that Comis shambles binned off in the not too distant future I'd suggest. 

I would think that any change in repatriation policy will have more to do with the disparity between those on-island who have symptoms or have tested positive being permitted to self-isolate at home, while those being repatriated, regardless of symptoms or tests, are being made to self-isolate away from home and at their own expense.

The disparity doesn't sit well with me. Either everyone should have been made to self-isolate at the Comis, or everyone should have permitted to self-isolate at home (perhaps with tags or random checks).

However, likening being at the Comis to being in Guantanamo is so far OTT that you'd need a telescope to see it.

53 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I would think that any change in repatriation policy will have more to do with the disparity between those on-island who have symptoms or have tested positive being permitted to self-isolate at home, while those being repatriated, regardless of symptoms or tests, are being made to self-isolate away from home and at their own expense.

The disparity doesn't sit well with me. Either everyone should have been made to self-isolate at the Comis, or everyone should have permitted to self-isolate at home (perhaps with tags or random checks).

However, likening being at the Comis to being in Guantanamo is so far OTT that you'd need a telescope to see it.

Have you been in either facility? If not you are OTT in your response!

2 hours ago, Zarley said:

You got called a drama queen for this post because - seriously? You're likening Comis to Guantanamo? I didn't realise the repatriated folks at Comis were being physically tortured. (where's a facepalm emoji when you need one?)

Do I think this could have been handled better? Sure. But I don't pretend to have the perfect answer either. It was always going to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

I did because it’s true because I have spoken to people who have been in there to try to ascertain what it would be like if I have to do it. It is exactly like Guantanamo. They were locked down more than the actual prisoners at the actual prison. Only allowed out for one hours exercise a day. Some cooped up with kids in one room. Just listen to you people you’re absolutely hysterical. They’re mum and dads, parent, grand parents who made the mistake of leaving the island and need to return. They are not plague carriers or Ian bloody Huntley. You need to listen to yourselves and the absolute bollocks you’re talking. 

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You're an idiot.

It has been incredibly unpleasant for many people and they are locked down more than the actual prisoners (you know people who have committed actual crimes) are and so Daphne Caine is absolutely right. I’ve spoken to about 5 people now who have said pretty much the same thing. We should all be trusted to self-isolate just like key workers are trusted and not banged up for two weeks. 

Archived