easy jet

doc.fixit

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Manx Expat said:

It has been incredibly unpleasant for many people and they are locked down more than the actual prisoners (you know people who have committed actual crimes) are and so Daphne Caine is absolutely right. I’ve spoken to about 5 people now who have said pretty much the same thing. We should all be trusted to self-isolate just like key workers are trusted and not banged up for two weeks. 

When you get there let us know what it’s like.

2 hours ago, Manx Expat said:

I did because it’s true because I have spoken to people who have been in there to try to ascertain what it would be like if I have to do it. It is exactly like Guantanamo.

What a shambles of a human being you are.   I'd estimate,either your underwear is getting too tight,or your girls blouse is of a loose fit

Manx Expat does make a fair point though. People who test positive are allowed to self isolate at home while those with a travel history have to stay at the comis .

It should be the other way around in my opinion.

And how do key workers get to self isolate at home. The obvious answer will be that they are under contract .

The same thing could be done to people who want to return in my opinion..Get them to give a written declaration that they will abide by the rules and with severe penalties it they break it .

Far more easier and with less expense than what is happening at the comis .

9 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Manx Expat does make a fair point though. People who test positive are allowed to self isolate at home while those with a travel history have to stay at the comis .

It should be the other way around in my opinion.

And how do key workers get to self isolate at home. The obvious answer will be that they are under contract .

The same thing could be done to people who want to return in my opinion..Get them to give a written declaration that they will abide by the rules and with severe penalties it they break it .

Far more easier and with less expense than what is happening at the comis .

Comis is no more. Keep up at the back.

11 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Good news for those wanting to return.

Indeed I’ve just heard. Off to book. Common sense has prevailed. Maybe non key workers aren't the bunch of complete retards who can’t follow basic instructions that they seem to think we are after all. 

7 hours ago, Manx Expat said:

I did because it’s true because I have spoken to people who have been in there to try to ascertain what it would be like if I have to do it. It is exactly like Guantanamo. They were locked down more than the actual prisoners at the actual prison. Only allowed out for one hours exercise a day. Some cooped up with kids in one room. Just listen to you people you’re absolutely hysterical. They’re mum and dads, parent, grand parents who made the mistake of leaving the island and need to return. They are not plague carriers or Ian bloody Huntley. You need to listen to yourselves and the absolute bollocks you’re talking. 

Comis may well be a an abbreviation or derivation of 'Commissariat' i.e. A department of the USSR.

So you couldn't have been more wrong really - had you said Gulag instead of Guantanamo people would have been more sympathetic.

Being more serious, I agree with much that you say - had any of these people actually been positive then they would 'Patients' entitled to healthcare not prisoners.

( and if Manx taxpayers, legally entitled to healthcare here).

2 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Comis may well be a an abbreviation or derivation of 'Commissariat' i.e. A department of the USSR.

So you couldn't have been more wrong really - had you said Gulag instead of Guantanamo people would have been more sympathetic.

But 1.7 million died in the Gulags. So you must be even more wrong than it was claimed I was ;)

10 minutes ago, Manx Expat said:

Indeed I’ve just heard. Off to book. Common sense has prevailed. Maybe non key workers aren't the bunch of complete retards who can’t follow basic instructions that they seem to think we are after all. 

I think that when ( if) we get to see the minutes of advice given to CoMin we will find that they tracked key workers coming, going, self isolating and found no, or next to no, infection and no leak of infection  into the community.

Those being repatriated were thought a much higher risk, they’d been in all sorts of areas, some with high rates of infection and had been flown back to UK, exposed to infection. Valid worries. Now they’ve had 3 sets of returnees they’ve got the same results, not positives, no infection into the community.

14 minutes ago, Manx Expat said:

To be fair this is a minor victory.  You've got to remember they'll still adopt a stupid approach of 20 a week.  So of there are 200 waiting to get back.........

Archived