easy jet

doc.fixit

On 5/4/2020 at 1:40 PM, Manx Expat said:

The calls for quarantine seem to be the small island mentality at its worst.

Why come back to it then? - why not stay with the big island mentality?

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lagman said:

Why come back to it then? - why not stay with the big island mentality?

Because I’m manx and if I don’t get back soon I’m going to lose my job. That doesn’t invalidate my view on the general sad and parochial comments that have been made in the Covid thread. It reads more like an online Royston Vasey than an online representation of the IOM.  

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Those being repatriated were thought a much higher risk, they’d been in all sorts of areas, some with high rates of infection and had been flown back to UK, exposed to infection. Valid worries. Now they’ve had 3 sets of returnees they’ve got the same results, not positives, no infection into the community.

No infection yet, that could change.

2 minutes ago, Manx Expat said:

my view on the general sad and parochial comments that have been made in the Covid thread. It reads more like an online Royston Vasey than an online representation of the IOM.  

Again, so why rush back to it?

2 minutes ago, Lagman said:

Again, so why rush back to it?

As I said if I don’t get back soon I will more than likely lose my job. I am also Manx so it is where I choose to live. That doesn’t invalidate my view on the hideously parochial and embarrassing views that Covid thread seems to represent. 

3 minutes ago, Lagman said:

Yawn.

I hope you don’t live in Port Erin. I’ll be back in my flat in a week and according to your clear irrational fear of people who have been overseas and their inability to self isolate or do anything sensible I’ll be free to cough and splutter all over everywhere. Tubbs and Edward better stay indoors. Preferably down in the cellar for their own protection ;)

You should contact your employer.   Being in Yorkhire there's likely a pigeon somewhere,or failing that,you could always try those new fangled things. Phones I believe they're called.  Some people might suggest email.but maybe you struggle to get online frequently?

7 minutes ago, Manx Expat said:

I hope you don’t live in Port Erin. I’ll be back in my flat in a week and according to your clear irrational fear of people who have been overseas and their inability to self isolate or do anything sensible I’ll be free to cough and splutter all over everywhere. Tubbs and Edward better stay indoors. Preferably down in the cellar for their own protection ;)

I don't. I've already witnessed my clear irration fear of people who have been overseas return and their first act was going to Tesco, not just a small newsagents or shop or their local Shoprite, they just had to go to the one most people in the island use.

Archived