easy jet

doc.fixit

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No link.

I know of someone who is coming back.  If you cannot go into isolation on your own in a property you are at the Comis.

Totally ridiculous. 

I think you are wrong there. Different to what the news sites say anyway.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:05 PM, snowman said:

I haven't received the email from easyjet.  I have a @manx.net email address.

Did the email from easyjet reach any @manx.net email addresses ?

Yes, @manx.net addresses work. They only cancel 7 days before your flight was due to fly.

I see EasyJet have started to allow bookings on Liverpool Isle of Man routes for TT!

They can only be running them empty because it’s TT and cheaper than refunding at those prices.

just kidding. All bookings are listed from 1/6. Wonder if anyone booking? Don’t think they’ll actually fly.

1A283EB5-E358-46AE-91DB-D7A779811A78.jpeg

24CC3E3F-4D2B-4387-8DA2-BD3EE850F169.jpeg

I see there is talk of quarantine for two weeks for people entering the UK.

That could be the end for some airlines.  They will lobby against that.

I was reading the numbers for IAG (parent company of B.A) the other day.  They burn through €200m a week as it stands.   They have a cash pile of €7bn which sounds a lot but really isn't. 

The government here.may actually be forced to enter into flight routes themselves.  Either that or provide assistance for someone to do so.  The timing really couldnt be any worse.  Flybe going bust any time would be bad news but for it happen in conjunction with Covid 19 and all that entails creates a very bleak outlook for getting routes back up and running.

5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I see there is talk of quarantine for two weeks for people entering the UK.

I was reading the numbers for IAG (parent company of B.A) the other day.  They burn through €200m a week as it stands.   They have a cash pile of €7bn which sounds a lot but really isn't. 

The government here.may actually be forced to enter into flight routes themselves.  Either that or provide assistance for someone to do so.  The timing really couldnt be any worse.  Flybe going bust any time would be bad news but for it happen in conjunction with Covid 19 and all that entails creates a very bleak outlook for getting routes back up and running.

All the UK port arrival quarantine Restrictions are said to exclude Ireland. No mention of Mann or CI. That sort of ignores that in Ireland at present you can’t travel to the port/airport.

The measures are due to start in June. Travellers from the Channel Islands, Ireland and the Isle of Man will be exempt and it is understood key workers and lorry drivers bringing in goods would also be exempt from the requirements.

19 minutes ago, Golfer said:

So if you travel abroad, assuming that you can although probably not, and come back to U.K. Would you then have to isolate as a returning resident?

Obviously.

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The old business models no longer exist. No bad thing in many ways.

I'm sure that many will look back with some nostalgia to the era of city-breaks and cheap flights to Coatia and Tel Aviv. But it will be nice to have more space. And less pollution.

And that extra runway is unlikely to be needed. 

Archived