easy jet

doc.fixit

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Josem said:

7 minutes ago, Josem said:

They appear to have issued that without discussing with Howard, Ann Reynolds or “Dr” Spake. They won’t be flying.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

They appear to have issued that without discussing with Howard, Ann Reynolds or “Dr” Spake. They won’t be flying.

Yep, you might well be right. But I don't know what has been said in private to EasyJet - this highlights a broader issue here with the rules, in that they should be being debated publicly in Tynwald, instead of in secret by the Council of Ministers. We pay our politicians a lot of money, they should be debating such issues in full view of us, their bosses.

32 minutes ago, Josem said:

Yep, you might well be right. But I don't know what has been said in private to EasyJet - this highlights a broader issue here with the rules, in that they should be being debated publicly in Tynwald, instead of in secret by the Council of Ministers. We pay our politicians a lot of money, they should be debating such issues in full view of us, their bosses.

You’re conflating and confusing two issues. Our inward border closure, the rule,  is well documented and known. Even by easyJet.

Discussing the change in rules that lead to a de-escalation and normalisation between government and industries isn’t for Tynwald. That would be micro management of the economy. It’s a common mistake made by Manx politicians. But you should know better.

i can’t see easyJet flying any Manx services until August. Whilst I’m surprised by the speed of the moves announced today it’s a sign of continued detected Covid cases being reported at very low levels.

Opening the border will need the UK to achieve the same.

At the moment the being able to leave, but not return, is not going to justify anything more than Logan Air 

Archived