easy jet

doc.fixit

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kevster said:

I've just applied for a refund for a flight I had booked for June 5th and return 6th - wonder how long it will take

I applied on 25th April, for a flight on 2nd May. Still waiting. 

I think they said it would be at least 28 days, but the rules and processes seem to be changing constantly.

For  a different flight, I accepted a voucher, and got that in 3 days.

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

I applied on 25th April, for a flight on 2nd May. Still waiting. 

I think they said it would be at least 28 days, but the rules and processes seem to be changing constantly.

For  a different flight, I accepted a voucher, and got that in 3 days.

I got the voucher and extra 5 quid per person almost instantly.

It says 28 days for refunds.

I'm hapoy to take the vouchers and the extra 40 quid.  It'll be used no problem.

It’s funny , they do it by leg not the whole trip. Not sure how you’re expected to be cancelled London to Rome then wait 2 weeks for the Rome to London cancellation. How do you get to Rome? Cash flow management I think and quite clever in case the return actually goes. I take the refund. Having said that UK quarantine will force Easy Jet into liquidation so I guess I can sing for my refunds.

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I got the voucher and extra 5 quid per person almost instantly.

It says 28 days for refunds.

I'm hapoy to take the vouchers and the extra 40 quid.  It'll be used no problem.

The extra fiver will buy each of you a can of pop when you next fly :thumbsup:

I do not trust airline vouchers and managed to get a refund through  my credit card.

While Easyjet is in a decent financial position compared to other airlines you never know the future.

Vouchers are not worth anything if the airline goes into administration. 

58 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

I do not trust airline vouchers and managed to get a refund through  my credit card.

While Easyjet is in a decent financial position compared to other airlines you never know the future.

Vouchers are not worth anything if the airline goes into administration. 

EZY have just cancelled another two flights of mine. I’ve applied for refund. Agree with Mad Manx that vouchers are a gamble, and with travel companies being vulnerable, cash is king.

My next trip after that was Gatwick 19/6-22/6. Those are flights shown going. It was a trip to see a show with a fellow cancer survivor but the show has been cancelled, she relapsed and died. 

However a couple weeks ago they changed the flight times and offered accept new times, change dates, vouchers or cash. I’ve chosen cash.

21 minutes ago, John Wright said:

EZY have just cancelled another two flights of mine. I’ve applied for refund. Agree with Mad Manx that vouchers are a gamble, and with travel companies being vulnerable, cash is king.

My next trip after that was Gatwick 19/6-22/6. Those are flights shown going. It was a trip to see a show with a fellow cancer survivor but the show has been cancelled, she relapsed and died. 

However a couple weeks ago they changed the flight times and offered accept new times, change dates, vouchers or cash. I’ve chosen cash.

We've got 4 flights between 21/06 -10/07 going to Spain, can't see any happening as can't get off island or into Spain! 

EasyJet is becoming a disgrace. The latest IT hack into their systems proves that they are not the company they pretend to be. The IOM Government should have levied heavy fines on them for cancelling flights and leaving passengers stranded all over Europe; i.e. being unable to return home before our borders were suddenly shut. Instead, our politicians decided to punish their own citizens by not letting them back in and rending some potentially homeless, as previously reported on IOM Today website. I predict that many disgruntled well-off people will leave the Island permanently within next two years, provided they can sell their expensive properties that nobody seems to want. There has always been a reliable flow of come-overs to sell these properties to, but as things stand, there won't be any more come-overs. The remaining demographics will be needy pensioners and potentially unemployed and (therefore) delinquent local youths. Good luck with all of those 'reviving economy' tasks.

3 minutes ago, code99 said:

EasyJet is becoming a disgrace. The latest IT hack into their systems proves that they are not the company they pretend to be. The IOM Government should have levied heavy fines on them for cancelling flights and leaving passengers stranded all over Europe; i.e. being unable to return home before our borders were suddenly shut. Instead, our politicians decided to punish their own citizens by not letting them back in and rending some potentially homeless, as previously reported on IOM today. I predict that many disgruntled well-off people will leave the Island permanently within next two years, provided they can sell their expensive properties that nobody seems to want. There has always been a reliable flow of come-overs to sell these properties to, but as things stand, there won't be any more come-overs. The remaining demographics will be needy pensioners and potentially unemployed and (therefore) delinquent local youths. Good luck with all of those 'reviving economy' tasks.

Lol.  I thought you were serious there for a  moment.

52 minutes ago, code99 said:

EasyJet is becoming a disgrace. The latest IT hack into their systems proves that they are not the company they pretend to be. The IOM Government should have levied heavy fines on them for cancelling flights and leaving passengers stranded all over Europe; i.e. being unable to return home before our borders were suddenly shut. Instead, our politicians decided to punish their own citizens by not letting them back in and rending some potentially homeless, as previously reported on IOM Today website. I predict that many disgruntled well-off people will leave the Island permanently within next two years, provided they can sell their expensive properties that nobody seems to want. There has always been a reliable flow of come-overs to sell these properties to, but as things stand, there won't be any more come-overs. The remaining demographics will be needy pensioners and potentially unemployed and (therefore) delinquent local youths. Good luck with all of those 'reviving economy' tasks.

So is it Easy Jet's fault or the government's fault? Easy Jet had no other option than cancelling the flights. What is happening is bad for (most) of us; but we will eventually survive it. For Easy Jet and the other airlines, it is kind of an existential threat.

The matter of fact is that without good transport links the island is just not viable for business people.

Archived