easy jet

doc.fixit

2 hours ago, Debbie said:

So is it Easy Jet's fault or the government's fault? Easy Jet had no other option than cancelling the flights. What is happening is bad for (most) of us; but we will eventually survive it. For Easy Jet and the other airlines, it is kind of an existential threat.

The matter of fact is that without good transport links the island is just not viable for business people.

No, it isn’t the fault of easyJet that flights got cancelled.

What is their fault is they way they’ve tried to stop cash refunds.

Im still waiting for two singles LPL - IOM on 15 & 16 February, and before Covid. Caused by storm Ciara. Got home via Flybe.

When my late March and April flights were cancelled due to Covid there was initially no offer of a refund. Just vouchers or re booking. Eventually they did bring back refunds, but it’s 6 clicks instead of 1. 

Ive just claimed back 2 on 6 June. It’s easy but hidden and vouchers or rebooking offered prominently first.

What they should be doing is giving all options equal prominence, and giving improved deals and incentives to accept vouchers or rebook.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Improved in what way? I paid 86 quid and got bsck 106 in vouchers.   Seems ok to me.

So £5 on a £21.50 ticket is fine. It’s 23%.  It’s not really much on a £100 or £150 fare. 

I asked on 24/04 for vouchers for flights cancelled 1/05 , still nit received them. Asked for refunds for flights 14/05 as cost c £275 in total and not received that either.

will ask for refund June/July flights, hoping September will go if Howie sets us free.

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Ticket prices will undoubtably rise as airlines try to recoup their losses - vouchers issued for the fare paid on a cancelled flight will most likely only go part way to funding a replacement.

Michael O'Leary the Ryanair fella was on C4 news yesterday saying prices are going to be low, lower than before, to encourage people back on board, although he may have only been talking short term.

9 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Ticket prices will undoubtably rise as airlines try to recoup their losses - vouchers issued for the fare paid on a cancelled flight will most likely only go part way to funding a replacement.

There will come a point where there is a huge demand and of course revenue per seat will probably rise.  Long term you wont see Ryanair and Easyjet carry a quarter of a billion passengers per annum between them with vastly inflated prices though 

41 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So £5 on a £21.50 ticket is fine. It’s 23%.  It’s not really much on a £100 or £150 fare. 

What do expect them to do out of interest?

They have to fund a huge operational infrastructure to provide you with a seat (both previously and in the future) and you expect them to swallow all that cost and refund you with an improved position to the one you had? 

That's delusional.

34 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What do expect them to do out of interest?

They have to fund a huge operational infrastructure to provide you with a seat (both previously and in the future) and you expect them to swallow all that cost and refund you with an improved position to the one you had? 

That's delusional.

The delusional bit is them ( and you) thinking they can ignore consumer law and not refund first, with everything else being an option. An option they need to make attractive enough for people to choose, if that’s what they want to steer passengers towards..

I don’t expect more in a refund than I paid. That’s the legal basic entitlement.

in fact, your case is delusional. Your £21.50 will include PDT and ground handling and other taxes and charges. So they don’t have to pay those ( until/unless you fly), so for a £10 fare they’re giving you £5 (50%) and you’re giving them an interest free loan of 12 months or more. Many vouchers won’t be redeemed. That’s a gift to EZY.

Again, first option should be a refund. In my case they’ve had the money financing their operation for 6 months or longer. They aren’t offering the service they contracted.

Second option should be free rebooking. Say additional 5%  value offered.

Third option should be vouchers. 10% additional value, to make it attractive.

I don’t expect that to be anymore costly than what they’re doing. It is however much better from a perception and PR point of view. It’s presentational, as so much with Covid.

Even at that I’d still take a refund. I don’t know if I’ll be alive in 12 months time. I certainly don’t know if EZY will be flying.

Anyway thanks for taking vouchers and funding my refund.

They offered me ALL the options and they were very simple, clear and easy to follow.  If I wanted a refund I could have had it. It was easy.

I chose the voucher (delivered in minutes) because I actually paid 2.99 a seat for 4 people.  It was a total of 86 quid including 4 bags and tax.

Easyjet will still be around.   And I travel frequently so I'm certain I will use the voucher.

As far as interest free loans go I can cope with vouchers to the tune of 86 quid rather than cash.  

Perish the thought of helping out the company eh John? Remember that next time you sing their praises about Assistance :whistling:

It’s interesting. 

Ive had to make Covid related cancellations and claims with 5 carriers and 4 hotel groups.

Grimaldi Lines. Italy to Spain. They refuse to refund at all. Took money at 21.30 on 10/3. At 22.15 refused boarding to several 100 as Spain had brought in a state of emergency and we had to have a form to disembark in Barcelona. They had no forms to print for us to auto fill. They just closed the port office.

Steam Packet. Superb. Credited back within 24 hours of asking.

Brittany Ferries. OK. Vouchers offered first and refund request form hidden deep. Took 10 days.

BA refund was first offer. 24 hours.

EasyJet. Initially offering rebook or voucher only. Now offering refund. Refunds applied for today are expected in September.

Booking.com hotels full refund or free cancellation. Even on no cancellation bookings.

Motel One. Free cancellation and full refund if prepaid. Even on no cancellation bookings 

Premier Inn Free cancellation and full refund, even on no change no refundable.

Accor Group ( Sofitel, Novotel, ibis ) Free cancellation and full refund, even on no change no refundable.

Any small independent hotels I’ve booked at in Spain or Italy.

Theatre bookings have been hit and miss.

There are lots of angry FB groups from people abandoned. Wanting cash refunds yesterday and all saying they’ll never use carrier X,Y,Z again.

Im sanguine about using anyone again. I’ll travel whichever gives best service weighing up route, timings, cost.

My next big trip is Steam Packet, Brittany Ferries, Grimaldi and Minoan Lines plus a Wizz and Ryanair flight, and based on how current border reopenings are going the only ones that might be impossible are UK and IOM on the return. Spain is 1/7. Greece and Bulgaria are open already ( they were closed - but there is 14 day quarantine entering the first. Due to remove quarantine in next two weeks )

As it’s out in mid August and return mid October we can wait and see. But can’t see Minoan, Wizz, Ryanair, or Grimaldi allowing cancellation due to IoM regulations stopping me getting home.

The return flights for that trip with easyjet will be cancelled in a couple of weeks.

The Spain holiday in the middle was due the main 4th and final payment with On the Beach for about 1700 quid on the 21st May.  They emailed a week before saying they were delaying taking it.  The carrier on that is easyjet too.  I've paid about 600 quid in three installments so I am expecting imminent cancellation notice from On The Beach and refunding from there.

So I've booked a little something on island to put something back into our economy.

Your commeny about the IOMSPC - they are always very good.  Never hsd an issue with them.  Anything needed they're always helpful.

We originally had flights booked with easyjet IOM / LPOOL for 1st July  costing £87,
I read on their website that they are offering a free change of date and flight facility  ....so I changed the July ticket for a flight in October Which cost £40.
I am aware that easyjet do not give the Unused balance back, which is fair comment. but I have just checked my bank statement they have Also billed me for the new £40 price.  So how is this a free change of booking? Or will they reimburse me with the £40 later?
have emailed them, but from what I can gather it maybe weeks before I get any kind of reply, if ever 

Anyone else had this happen?

Archived