Anyone Reccomend Any Decent Pc Games

Manx_Boydy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total Annihilation anyone? The grand-daddy of all proper RTS games, I can still feel a dampness in my pants from when I first saw a tank fleet roll out of the sea coupled with three bomber wings and what sounded distinctly like cackling from the other side of the LAN party. :(

BF2 rekindled mine if anything. I found it really hard work, and just started logging back into wow for an easy life. Got myself up to lvl 55 or so now and I'm loving it. The guilds ace, lots of top folks in there and good regular groups going all the time.

I did find lvl 40-50 very hard going though,  but since getting 50 and all the new areas that open up to you, it's been ace. The later instances are superb.

Get your slack arse back in :)

I agree the 40 - 50 seemed quite hard work, didnt quite know where to head to.

@ 53 I ended up taking a break really for about 2 months, but am very pleased to get going again.

As Slim says the late // endgame instances are great fun :)

PS. I'm still happy to help out fi any of you guys need groups and so on, despite joining the "Powerlevelling Whores" as Slim kindly put it :P

Just add me to friends, Haze 60 rogue.

I find it much better than the original. I was bit surprised how slow it was initially but after a defrag, stopping the AV and the patch it runs a lot better. Have great fun playing it. Waddys playing and quite a few others I think.

PS. I'm still happy to help out fi any of you guys need groups and so on, despite joining the "Powerlevelling Whores" as Slim kindly put it :P

Just add me to friends, Haze 60 rogue.

Come back you slut, we've loads of lvl 60's now and groups going all the time. Stop prancing around with those italian freaks!

BF2, it's pretty good. I find it a bit zergy/spammy compared to DC though. Squads spawn next to their commander, making the frontline a lot busier than it used to be.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone playing Anarchy Online? Its free til next year. Only just started playing it myself but I've not been able to turn it off since I downloaded it.

Eugh, I tried that briefly when they made it free. Awful performance (and I have a ninja gaming rig) and a crappy interface. They made the Shadowlands add on free quite recently I think too, was tempted to give it another shot but didn't bother.

It has been cleaned up a lot since they released Shadowlands.. although I never used the old interface I've seen it and it looked awful.. the performance is still debatable, but I'm not having much trouble on an old GeForce 4 128Mb, 1.4Ghz processor, 512Mb ram and 512k broadband.

I admit the "classic" freebie version is not on par with the likes of WoW and Guild Wars, but its good fun to play for free.. thinking of paying for Shadowlands though, looks good.

Archived