Bank Commission On Euros

Snaipyr

You took a credit card to Vegas! :D

I normally carry enough dollars for a taxi from the airport and enough for the next day until I find my way around but as we're hiring a car this time I shouldn't need to carry many dollars with me

• 1 month later...

Just revisiting this thread as I need to get some dollars soon

on my amex card, with no fees. 

Do you find your Amex card much use on the IOM?

We've never accepted Amercian Express and the charges were too high and it used to take weeks before your account was credited. We see maybe two Amex cards a year and instead of "that will do nicely" we have to say " sorry, we don't take Amex" and the customer usually digs out some other card.

Just revisiting this thread as I need to get some dollars soon

on my amex card, with no fees. 

Do you find your Amex card much use on the IOM?

We've never accepted Amercian Express and the charges were too high and it used to take weeks before your account was credited. We see maybe two Amex cards a year and instead of "that will do nicely" we have to say " sorry, we don't take Amex" and the customer usually digs out some other card.

Only place I've had a problem using my AmEx card is Superdrug - they told me it was a bit embarrassing when a cruise ship of Americans came in and they had to turn down all their AmEx cards :blink:

I always carry my Visa debit card, Mastercard and AmEx with me - that way I cover all the bases. Not sure which one I'll be using for the card imprint tomorrow for my hire car in Detroit though :)

Archived