Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

33 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

This is going to be a blinder!  The lynching will be at the Roundhouse.  But no one will be able to access it or park at the hospital (which will be mostly empty at 7pm). 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/no-parking-at-nobles-for-roundhouse-meeting-says-minister/

Lucky the health minister doesn’t have any more urgent matters to speak about. Can’t wait for him to order the DoI business prevention officers, aka parking wardens, up there to ticket everyone. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Good point. 

Although based on current antics, I fully expect Storm Troopers solely answerable to Alf to be mobilized in the next couple of weeks. 

Suspect the SWAT team (Silly Walters* Against Teamwork) won't have completed the consultation, recruitment, management structuring, training and risk assessment by 11 March.

* insert your own epithet beginning with W.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Suspect the SWAT team (Silly Walters* Against Teamwork) won't have completed the consultation, recruitment, management structuring, training and risk assessment by 11 March.

Wazzocks?

37 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Lucky the health minister doesn’t have any more urgent matters to speak about. Can’t wait for him to order the DoI business prevention officers, aka parking wardens, up there to ticket everyone. 

Exactly this! DHSC has multiple issues to be dealt with but the minister finds the most important priority is to be micromanaging car parking for one evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Wagner?  I hear they're at a bit of a lose end.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:
2 hours ago, littlebushy said:

Exactly this! DHSC has multiple issues to be dealt with but the minister finds the most important priority is to be micromanaging car parking for one evening.

The man has lost the plot, totally.

You think this is factual and accurate, then?   Have I missed some evidence?

eta: I agree he has lost the plot: but I doubt he’ll be manning the barricades at the car park.   He can ban them on the radio - but I doubt he’ll actually do anything at all.

Edited by Jarndyce
eta
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

You think this is factual and accurate, then?   Have I missed some evidence?

eta: I agree he has lost the plot: but I doubt he’ll be manning the barricades at the car park.   He can ban them on the radio - but I doubt he’ll actually do anything at all.

Indeed but it's indicative of how his mind works; instead of assisting the good people of Braddan to resolve the issue (and see what political capital he can make out of it at the same time) all he can manage is petty & vindictive dictats.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

He is quite right the Braddan commissioners should have sorted out a suitable entry road before building commenced, in fact I believe they did but ran out of money so could not go ahead with it.    It is in no way the Hospital Trusts job to supply a suitable entry apart from the danger to patients the extra wear and tear on the road which is a very minor road, without footpaths, is not a good idea.   I hope the Hospital Trust stick to their guns .   It is not him that is being petty the Commissioners have boobed in a big way and now looking to cast the blame on others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The success story for the Roundhouse goes on....now no nursery facility due to failure to comply with planning apparently

Screenshot_20240226-145056_Facebook.jpg

Which is weird.  I can't think of any other Nurseries that have a dedicated crossing right outside. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Which is weird.  I can't think of any other Nurseries that have a dedicated crossing right outside. 

I though I would take a look at the planning decision in respect to the pedestrian crossing. The gov. website is OK if you use the map interface and there is only one planning application existing in that area. Otherwise trying to find any information on a particular subject is rather grim.

I gave up.

• Like 1