Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

I see from today’s courier that DHSC have this week met with commissioners and reiterated their refusal to allow their roads to be used, sports clubs are due to start using next week. Not sure what will happen if commissioners just open up, block access with ambulances!

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

I see from today’s courier that DHSC have this week met with commissioners and reiterated their refusal to allow their roads to be used, sports clubs are due to start using next week. Not sure what will happen if commissioners just open up, block access with ambulances!

The outside is still a mess. 

• Like 1

The newspaper article does not give an explanation of why the DHSC changed its mind about access roads.

That seems to me to be a critical point. If they had refused in the first place these discussions would not be happening.

What we need is an investigative journalist.

5 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The newspaper article does not give an explanation of why the DHSC changed its mind about access roads.

That seems to me to be a critical point. If they had refused in the first place these discussions would not be happening.

What we need is an investigative journalist.

No  !  we need MHK's and ministers to stop bullying the planners ,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omobono said:

No  !  we need MHK's and ministers to stop bullying the planners ,

How can I bully the planners? I have a couple of constituents who keep getting knocked back, despite my supportive letters.

31 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

How can I bully the planners? I have a couple of constituents who keep getting knocked back, despite my supportive letters.

You were still spinning decks when this decision  regarding Braddan sports centre was mooted ,  but the suspects are  there , among former health ministers , and those who did not seek election ,

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

The use of hospital grounds should never have been agreed and I am delighted that the people in charge now are standing fast.

Also delighted that businesses are going to close because they can't trade?

14 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

The use of hospital grounds should never have been agreed and I am delighted that the people in charge now are standing fast.

Correct, those roads are far too busy as it is, people visiting hospital for various reasons, staff cars, buses, delivery vehicles, workers at adult learning centre, all hospice staff/visitors etc. No pavements either 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The businesses can sort it out with Braddan Commissioners who no doubt will be insured for defaulting on their lease commitments.   The Commissioners should have made sure the public could get access to the building by building an access road before dishing out leases .    Safety to patients and staff of the hospital have to be paramount and the actual road in question is not suitable for heavy traffic.     The blame lies entirely with the Commissioners of Braddan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

The Commissioners should have made sure the public could get access to the building by building an access road before dishing out leases .    Safety to patients and staff of the hospital have to be paramount and the actual road in question is not suitable for heavy traffic.     The blame lies entirely with the Commissioners of Braddan

I agree - safety is the issue.   But go back a few pages on this thread and some contributors seem to suggest that DHSC are “dog in the manger” bully boys for not allowing use of the roads.   I still wonder to what extent Howard Quayle consulted with the hospital when he gave permission as minister…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With respect I would suggest the contributors who are of this mind do not frequent the bit of road and area that is involved.     I am a patient at DATSU there are other entities that are based there, there is very little parking around there so you need have to generally walk from the main car park as Banker has said there are no footpaths it also involves the entry and exit to A and E a less suitable place to increase traffic would be hard to find, safety must be the determining  factor.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1