Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

I was at Nobles yesterday and the car park was chaotic, I am a frequent flyer at the hospital, unfortunately, and have never ever seen the car park so busy, everyone was circling around desperately trying to park and meeting oncoming cars, there were cars parked all along the car park roads it was bedlam.   To add further traffic into this mix is just madness and I am 100% behind Manx Care’s decision to deny extra traffic.    If anyone thinks I am exaggerating go and see for yourselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I was at Nobles yesterday and the car park was chaotic, I am a frequent flyer at the hospital, unfortunately, and have never ever seen the car park so busy, everyone was circling around desperately trying to park and meeting oncoming cars, there were cars parked all along the car park roads it was bedlam.   To add further traffic into this mix is just madness and I am 100% behind Manx Care’s decision to deny extra traffic.    If anyone thinks I am exaggerating go and see for yourselves.

Agreed.   I park in the Rugby club carpark now.  It really baffles me though how so many cars are parked there all the time.  I've been told people use it as a park and ride the bus into town, but I find that hard to believe. 

Anyway, it's another fine mess our exhalted rulers have gotten us into and I'm speaking as a Braddan ratepayer.  I'm genuinely tempted to see if I can redirect the river through Mt Murray to bring me into Santon. 

48 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

We should remember Andrew Jessopp is a card carrying member of the Isle of Man Green Party. Imagine if they were ever to be elected to Tynwald? 

Yes, we've got one in Ramsey too 🤦

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

But is that anything to do with the new building?  It hasn't really got going yet and even the DHSC weren't saying that there would be problems with people parking in the main hospital car park which is 300 m away from the new building (and the overflow is even further).  It was the Palatine Health Centre's parking which they thought might be affected, though Planning felt that different patterns of use (Roundhouse events would be mostly in the evening) would lessen that.

If there are problems with patient parking in the current car parks, that looks like a chronic problem that's getting worse and has to be down to Manx Care to sort out.  I don't believe the long-standing myth about loads of people using it as a park-and-ride, the bus service isn't that good.  I wonder if the real problem is caused by extra staff numbers, we know know DHSC/Manx Care employs 30% more civil servants than they did in 2016 and many of those must be based at the Hospital.  In addition there may be more parking by front-line staff, especially if contract staff are leaving vehicles there if they go off Island.  In these situations it doesn't take many extra vehicles parked for longer periods to cause chaos.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find out who is using the car parks for reasons other than attending/visiting the Hospital.  Though the administration may be unwilling to do anything about it if the answer turns out to be themselves.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Add link

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

I park in the Rugby club carpark now.  It really baffles me though how so many cars are parked there all the time.  I've been told people use it as a park and ride the bus into town, but I find that hard to believe

Why?

15 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Why?

The park and ride theory?

Because its a massive fuckabout to save a few quid and surely there are easier/closer place to park for free?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

The park and ride theory?

Because its a massive fuckabout to save a few quid and surely there are easier/closer place to park for free

Well, yes: but there are always a few hardy individuals who won't shy away from a "massive fuckabout" if they are saving a few quid; and it doesn't take many cars to overload the place, since the car park was drastically underspecified in 2003 (raised by many, many staff at the time - ignored).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, yes: but there are always a few hardy individuals who won't shy away from a "massive fuckabout" if they are saving a few quid; and it doesn't take many cars to overload the place, since the car park was drastically underspecified in 2003 (raised by many, many staff at the time - ignored).

Why don't we just start charging like every other hospital does. That would stop the park and ride if it exists. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Why don't we just start charging like every other hospital does. That would stop the park and ride if it exists. 

Because charging sick people to attend hospital appointments is a c*nt's trick. 

Likewise charging people to visit sick friend's and relatives. 

• Like 8

I ask again, why so much green area left unused? There's loads of unused space surrounding the existing parking and there does need to be more parking between the car park and the hospital to cater for folk who are not able to walk far.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think there should be free parking for upto say 90 minutes, then it will pick up anyone parking there all day. Anyone stuck waiting to see consultants for longer should get ticket for exit gate from staff there.

• Like 3