Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

Why not a 2 hour disc zone in the closest car park and the rugby club up to 4 hours. That'd allow a reasonable time for appointments and prevent all day parking. Is there any actual staff parking? If they are on 8 hour shifts then why not give them pass for all day parking in the rugby club? Or a park and ride for staff if shifts are relatively standard?

The fact that Braddan overspent their budget and cannot afford the road that was in the planning consent is nothing to do with Nobles. Now the BS about public rights of way etc. shows how desperate they are.

1 hour ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Because charging sick people to attend hospital appointments is a c*nt's trick. 

Likewise charging people to visit sick friend's and relatives. 

Hang on a minute. Most of the cars are visitors. How many in patients take themselves in their cars. Make it a pound an hour. Most people who are out patients will pay a pound. The c*"ts whonpark and ride will pay £8

Sounds like a good plan to me..

8 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Why not a 2 hour disc zone in the closest car park and the rugby club up to 4 hours. That'd allow a reasonable time for appointments and prevent all day parking. Is there any actual staff parking? If they are on 8 hour shifts then why not give them pass for all day parking in the rugby club? Or a park and ride for staff if shifts are relatively standard?

The fact that Braddan overspent their budget and cannot afford the road that was in the planning consent is nothing to do with Nobles. Now the BS about public rights of way etc. shows how desperate they are.

That sounds an even better plan.

3 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

and it doesn't take many cars to overload the place, since the car park was drastically underspecified in 2003 (raised by many, many staff at the time - ignored).

maybe they should get some steel work and concrete and add a second story to the carpark ?

52 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Some of the staff are working 13 hour shifts and finish at midnight when there are is no lighting on the rugby club car park.  So discs aren't a good idea for staff, maybe a permit for them.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

I think there should be free parking for upto say 90 minutes, then it will pick up anyone parking there all day. Anyone stuck waiting to see consultants for longer should get ticket for exit gate from staff there.

Even 3 or 4 hours would be feasible, if there really are people using it as a park and ride for work. 

Surely for a week they could get a ANPR camera sat at the entrance and record how long vehicles are sat there and if there's any repeat visitors?

Personally I don't think anyone is using it as a park and ride. 

Edited by Hairy Poppins

Just because Howard brown shoes/fuckwit gave his endorsement, it is no way to build a case for the use of Hospital infrastructure. Look how he has fucked most of the things he has been in charge of, and I very much doubt he will ever see the inside of our crumbling nhs building or grounds. Being incredibly rich and well able to afford his ass winched into a private medical helicopter and whisked away to private health care in England  whenever/if the need arose 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

The plans must have been approved by the gov. Planning Dept. Is adequate vehicle access part of the review process?

Planning Dept were happy and they do consider access because they asked for an extra route in for pedestrians.  The roads used really aren't that busy, the main worry was the parking effect on Palatine.  That said the building probably does need a more direct way in as getting there by car will be a bit circuitous.  There is planning  for one, but in the current situation I can't see the Commissioners wanting to spend any more money than they have to.

I've been sceptical about this project from early on, but given that it's built it would be best for the people of Braddan that it is a successful operationally and financially as it can be.  As far as I can tell the opposition of the DHSC and Hooper seems based on nothing else except petty spite, but as we know from the Ranson case that seems to be the only thing they are good at.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As far as I can tell the opposition of the DHSC and Hooper seems based on nothing else except petty spite

So safety (patients, ambulance access, unsuitability of road layout for more “general” traffic, etc) has no place in your deliberations?

39 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Being incredibly rich and well able to afford... 

Perhaps he can spare £2-£3m out of his own pocket to fund the road aka his legacy/ gift to the people of Braddan and call the new road “Howards End”, or the IOMG will have to bail them out, IMHO. 

• Like 1