Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

10 hours ago, code99 said:

Perhaps he can spare £2-£3m out of his own pocket to fund the road aka his legacy/ gift to the people of Braddan and call the new road “Howards End”, or the IOMG will have to bail them out, IMHO. 

like the one in Ramsey called Bell end !   I don"t think Howard acting as health minister had authority  to support a planning application in this area ,  and he was probably conflicted , perhaps we can see the health department minutes where this was discussed  was agreed   if it ever gets to court or a petition of doleance it will have a very interesting outcome, in my opinion it stinks  of self interest 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, code99 said:

Perhaps he can spare £2-£3m out of his own pocket to fund the road aka his legacy/ gift to the people of Braddan and call the new road “Howards End”, or the IOMG will have to bail them out, IMHO. 

They’ll to take another loan out which the ratepayers will have to pay!

14 hours ago, Omobono said:

perhaps we can see the health department minutes where this was discussed 

It’ll be next on the shelf to Howard’s NEw Zealand health care report. 

what an utter cunt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gizo said:

It’ll be next on the shelf to Howard’s NEw Zealand health care report. 

what an utter cunt. 

Although to be fair the biggest favour he has done is to virtually disappear from the electorates view since he stood down. Was he ever approached or mentioned in respect of the Covid Report? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Although to be fair the biggest favour he has done is to virtually disappear from the electorates view since he stood down. Was he ever approached or mentioned in respect of the Covid Report? 🤔

I wish Tony Brown would follow his lead. How do Manx Radio think he is still relevant to comment on everything?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StCatherine said:

I wish Tony Brown would follow his lead. How do Manx Radio think he is still relevant to comment on everything?

He's an authority on moustaches.

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2024 at 5:00 PM, Roger Mexico said:

It shouldn't be too difficult to find out who is using the car parks for reasons other than attending/visiting the Hospital.  Though the administration may be unwilling to do anything about it if the answer turns out to be themselves.

The hospital administrators have a valid reason for attending/ visiting the hospital so why shouldn’t they use the hospital car park? Should they park in Douglas and pay £7 or £8 for a days parking and get a bus up to the hospital?

Seriously all of this should have been taken into account when the hospital was planned. 

A relative of mine was in fairly long time care in a Birmingham hospital and I often went to visit them. OK compared to the other costs ( ferry fares etc) the car parking charges were relatively inexpensive but in absolute terms quite a lot for those visitors who were closer.

Intuitively it just seems wrong to charge people to visit their friends or relatives in hospital. Not just wrong,but disgusting when it could aid their recovery.

Theres load of land around the hospital which could be used for parking. Would be a shame to lose these green sites but what is the priority ?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The hospital administrators have a valid reason for attending/ visiting the hospital so why shouldn’t they use the hospital car park? Should they park in Douglas and pay £7 or £8 for a days parking and get a bus up to the hospital?

Seriously all of this should have been taken into account when the hospital was planned. 

A relative of mine was in fairly long time care in a Birmingham hospital and I often went to visit them. OK compared to the other costs ( ferry fares etc) the car parking charges were relatively inexpensive but in absolute terms quite a lot for those visitors who were closer.

Intuitively it just seems wrong to charge people to visit their friends or relatives in hospital. Not just wrong,but disgusting when it could aid their recovery.

Theres load of land around the hospital which could be used for parking. Would be a shame to lose these green sites but what is the priority ?

There is plenty of parking at the hospital, it's just not where people want to park.

If you put more parking in, you'd have the same problem because

a) wherever you build it is going to be further than the existing main car park, which people will prefer to use (see rugby overflow car park)

b) the people who can walk further will still choose the closest spots, because it's more convenient/could be raining/whatever reason they like

c) more free, accessible car parking spaces will just mean less people get the bus / car share / whatever

Either bring in charging or some other form of parking controls (permits, ANPR, tickets, dedicated staff areas, whatever) if you want to address the problems. Unless you fancy turning the whole area into tarmac.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

With £50k stolen from the tax payer covid scam to lavish on his special friend.