Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

8 hours ago, WTF said:

if you need more spaces you need more spaces , limiting the amount of time you can park on site when there is every chance you don't get seen for your 2pm  appointment until 3pm isn't really a starter.

It's pretty rare there's no spaces across the whole hospital campus (including the overflow), so it's more a case of controlling who can park in the near car parking spaces - and whether that's staff/short stay/appointment linked/whatever there are many ways this could be improved over a free for all. There's already controlled parking, it's called disabled bays and it works well for blue badge users. 

Throwing millions at trying to build out of the problem over other solutions is just lazy and a poor use of taxpayer money (I'm sure the hospital would have much better ways to use this money). Even if it was just providing more gravelled areas it would cost hundreds of thousands and wouldn't be where people want to park.

Up to the DHSC shirley? There is a park opposite the Nobles entrance, I don't know if this is the 'overflow' park or the Rugby park? Plenty of green space to the east of the Nobles site!

Where would you put it?

13 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Stick it down on the old Ballamona site, stick a couple of old bus shelters up Run a shuttle bus on a loop. Simples

Nobles was built on the old Ballamona site - I'm not sure exactly where you mean...

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Stick it down on the old Ballamona site, stick a couple of old bus shelters up Run a shuttle bus on a loop. Simples

Do you mean the House of Industry/Mannin Infirmary site?

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Nobles was built on the old Ballamona site - I'm not sure exactly where you mean...

It is very clear Mercenary is a fit and healthy person who has no call to visit Nobles it is very rare to find a space in the car park without circling a couple of times or trailing someone in the hope they are leaving.   The overflow car park is usually very busy as well.    I have never heard such rubbish written by someone who just wants to prove a point regardless of the inane crap and misinformation he is spouting.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

It is very clear Mercenary is a fit and healthy person who has no call to visit Nobles it is very rare to find a space in the car park without circling a couple of times or trailing someone in the hope they are leaving.   The overflow car park is usually very busy as well.    I have never heard such rubbish written by someone who just wants to prove a point regardless of the inane crap and misinformation he is spouting.

Up there plenty thank you for the ignorant reply.

Yes overflow busy but rarely full.  Where is this big multistorey meant to go? Wherever you put it (without losing the current parking) it's going to be further than the existing car park, and people either struggle or don't want to walk 250m as seen by the overflow car park. Hence everyone heading in to the main car park, circling for 10 minutes and getting stressed, and then heading over to the overflow and being rushed to make their appointment.

You have a large number of staff, patients & visitors and a free for all main car park (other than blue badges), so inevitably its staff that fill up the car park first and this wouldn't change after you've spent millions (circa £20k per space) on a multistorey that's further away (or costs even more as you are replacing existing parking areas).

I don't even know what you're suggesting other than just build something somewhere for whatever cost and hope it sorts it out, without changing anything else.

image.thumb.png.4dfb9cce3f6a55d2c095900be827219a.png

21 hours ago, Kopek said:

Up to the DHSC shirley? There is a park opposite the Nobles entrance, I don't know if this is the 'overflow' park or the Rugby park? Plenty of green space to the east of the Nobles site!

Where would you put it?

That’s the overflow car park but used by rugby/football clubs at weekends 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mercenary said:

Up there plenty thank you for the ignorant reply.

Yes overflow busy but rarely full.  Where is this big multistorey meant to go? Wherever you put it (without losing the current parking) it's going to be further than the existing car park, and people either struggle or don't want to walk 250m as seen by the overflow car park. Hence everyone heading in to the main car park, circling for 10 minutes and getting stressed, and then heading over to the overflow and being rushed to make their appointment.

You have a large number of staff, patients & visitors and a free for all main car park (other than blue badges), so inevitably its staff that fill up the car park first and this wouldn't change after you've spent millions (circa £20k per space) on a multistorey that's further away (or costs even more as you are replacing existing parking areas).

I don't even know what you're suggesting other than just build something somewhere for whatever cost and hope it sorts it out, without changing anything else.

image.thumb.png.4dfb9cce3f6a55d2c095900be827219a.png

Plenty of empty fields within 2 miles of the Hospital. Built a 6 storey car park and run the monorail to and from it via the Felt Museum. 

23 hours ago, John Wright said:

Do you mean the House of Industry/Mannin Infirmary site?

Possibly, Not my stomping ground but the idea stays the same. Just have to insure staff are made to use furthest parking by having some monitoring  main parking area for visiting people/appointments. Whilst we are whinging about parking I see the lazy fuckers from Frank Merechams/Gaity are parking on the walkway of the promenade since they took the KEEP OFF no parking signs away with the Xmas parking, and there were plenty of disabled spots available so its not badged people. Once one starts it becomes the norm.  

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Whilst we are whinging about parking I see the lazy fuckers from Frank Merechams/Gaity are parking on the walkway of the promenade

Do you think that the armed Police should storm the area and smash car windows to tow away and crush these cars???

... and it's 'insure' not ''ensure''.!!!