Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

On 1/10/2024 at 7:12 PM, Banker said:

You’ve obviously not been about much!

Had an early GP nurse appointment this morning, at Palatine.  Traffic on the hospital estate roads, even early, is a mess. The main car park was half  full, even at 08.30. The estate road surfaces are bable potholed. A&E parking was full. 

it’d be worse if the access to Braddan Commissioners new built Roundhouse was through the hospital estate.

Took a drive to Strang Stores. Breakfast. Cornish Pastie and two sausage. £3.00

They're still the best on Island, @Banker, what’s your recommendation.?

place was spotless. Yes, it’s higgledy piggledly, aisles are narrow. But the food serve area with the electric bain marie was clean, fresh, fully stocked. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Had an early GP nurse appointment this morning, at Palatine.  Traffic on the hospital estate roads, even early, is a mess. The main car park was half  full, even at 08.30. The estate road surfaces are bable potholed. A&E parking was full. 

it’d be worse if the access to Braddan Commissioners new built Roundhouse was through the hospital estate.

place was spotless. Yes, it’s higgledy piggledly, aisles are narrow. But the food serve area with the electric bain marie was clean, fresh, fully stocked. 

Too be honest I don’t really eat that type of unhealthy food, occasionally I have a full English on holiday, have sausage bap at home with sausages from willaston and rarely a pastie from pat a cake strand street. I would be concerned strang stores would collapse  soon looking at state of building!,

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Had an early GP nurse appointment this morning at Palatine.  Traffic on the hospital estate roads, even early, is a mess. The main car park was half-full, even at 08.30. The estate road surfaces are badly potholed. A&E parking was full. 

it’d be worse if the access to Braddan Commissioners new built Roundhouse was through the hospital estate

But many on this thread won’t accept the accuracy of your first-hand observation.   Odd, really.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2024 at 7:12 PM, Banker said:

You’ve obviously not been about much!

In response to this

On 1/10/2024 at 4:15 PM, John Wright said:

Best sausage or bacon baps and pasties on island. Cooked upstairs.

Implies you do go out and about and have that type of food and know somewhere better. Or was it all made up, again?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

Too be honest I don’t really eat that type of unhealthy food, occasionally I have a full English on holiday, have sausage bap at home with sausages from willaston and rarely a pastie from pat a cake strand street. I would be concerned strang stores would collapse  soon looking at state of building!,

Was there before you were born, it’ll be there long after we are both gone.

• Haha 1

It isn’t worth the argument, anyone who has an appointment at the hospital knows the truth of the matter and it is exactly as you describe it pure mayhem and in the afternoons it seems to get worse.    The added problem is everyone goes early for their appointment because they are concerned they will not get a park if you have waited some time to get an appointment to see a consultant or scan you need to be on time or perhaps lose your slot.   A few years ago when I was fit I always used the overflow car park it was a totally better experience but those days are over.   Extra traffic as you say will compound the problem I hope Manx Care stick to their guns on this one.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Atorvastatin 40mg

• Haha 2

Requisition meeting called now time and place TBA .    The Captain of the Parish has now been presented with a letter that requests a meeting be called it has the required number of constituents signatures and it is regarding the Round House.   I wonder if Banker is one of the unhappy residents? 

6 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Requisition meeting called now time and place TBA .    The Captain of the Parish has now been presented with a letter that requests a meeting be called it has the required number of constituents signatures and it is regarding the Round House.   I wonder if Banker is one of the unhappy residents? 

I'd sign it if i'd seen it.  I'm a Braddanite.